September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 November 2018 at 9:51AM
    cathybird wrote: »
    How's your house btw, is it all sorted out now? ...

Unfortunately we've discovered there is a leak in our CH system and we dont know where the leak is - so the plumber is back and forward every couple of days - it's not a bad leak so CH is still in operation...we've already had a brand new floor taken up in a bathroom, but it went back fine...next is to drain the CH system and put more Sentinel through the system to try and block the hole...after that we may have to take up our brand new wood floor in our brand new extension...never a dull moment hey?!

John Lewis have told us a carpet we ordered (and paid for) about 6 weeks ago won't get laid until January, still haven't had a delivery date for a bed we ordered (and paid for) from JL about six weeks ago and the decorators are due in a few weeks to do the hall stairs and landing...who knows what joys that will bring?

I am trying to be sanguine...."ommmmm"....
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Well I'm on 26 days in a row - I figure I might as well go for the 30 to complete A Thirty Day Challenge......I doubt I've lost too much weight however, too many sweet delicious things finding their way into my mouth ;)

Mega! Well done for the 26 and good luck for the next four.

cathybird wrote: »
    Re the sweet things, don't feel too bad, yesterday I had three slices of cake and half a biggish block of chocolate :eek: They were pretty small slices of cake but even so :o I suppose I'm not trying to lose weight per se but I am also not trying to put it on. I think it's hard at this time of year in the runup to Christmas and when it's just got cold and dark. The evenings can feel a little comfortless. How's your house btw, is it all sorted out now? ... If you don't mind my asking?

Every day's a hard day for me when it comes to sugar. I'm gradually cutting down now, but I'm not losing any weight. However, I'm not putting it on and todays a seriously walking day, so that's going to even things out a bit.

Tammykitty wrote: »
    If I wasn't driving not sure I would have got through last night - went to a gig for a local singer, and would have loved a cider during it!

3 trips to the pub since Saturday and haven't given in yet!

And on day 4 of no chocolate!

Being the designated driver makes the decision really straightforward, far easier than relying on willpower alone. I always offer to drive; even now it works for me. It puts me in control too - OH is very, very sociable when he's had drink or two and if he's reluctant to leave I just tell him I'll pay if he wants to stay and get a taxi home, but I'm leaving Now. He's never got the taxi back! It used to take me an hour to extricate him and he was always the last to leave a party. Not any more. Tee hee.

Sorry about the job front, AnnieG. It'll happen - persistence pays off. We're all rooting for you.

10/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 10 November 2018 at 9:59AM
    CuppaTea wrote: »
    Hi well done shaggy for your fabulous 26 days. You’ve done The 30DC without even trying.

To be honest I have been trying in a "I won't drink today" sort of way rather than having a target....it's nice to get a lot of AFDs in a row in every now and again (in 2014 I did 119...) That - and my OH has been talking about us retiring in 4 years ish so I really want to get our spending down - in this regard I want my drinking to become a special treat..and then there is the calories....and oh as I get older alcohol seems to agree with me less :-0
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    However, I'm not putting it on and todays a seriously walking day, so that's going to even things out a bit.

Enjoy! I love walking....
  • shaggydoo
    edited 11 November 2018 at 2:47PM
    Annie 4/4smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
    CuppaTea 4/5smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646 smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646

FabRab 5/5 smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
    Green Karen 4/5smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646

Maggie 4/4smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646 smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646

Maman 5/3smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
    Nicnak 2/5smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
    PollyAnna 4/5 smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
    Shaggy 5/5smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
    TammyKitty 4/4smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,305 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Unfortunately we've discovered there is a leak in our CH system and we dont know where the leak is - so the plumber is back and forward every couple of days - it's not a bad leak so CH is still in operation...we've already had a brand new floor taken up in a bathroom, but it went back fine...next is to drain the CH system and put more Sentinel through the system to try and block the hole...after that we may have to take up our brand new wood floor in our brand new extension...never a dull moment hey?!

John Lewis have told us a carpet we ordered (and paid for) about 6 weeks ago won't get laid until January, still haven't had a delivery date for a bed we ordered (and paid for) from JL about six weeks ago and the decorators are due in a few weeks to do the hall stairs and landing...who knows what joys that will bring?

I am trying to be sanguine...."ommmmm"....

Oh, sorry to hear about all that shaggy - sounds like a complete pain, on top of all the other disruption :( I'm not quite sure John Lewis are what they were - they've had some financial struggles in recent years, along with the other big chain stores - it's only a tiny thing but Waitrose seems to have stopped producing the own brand coffee I used to buy, which makes me think they are struggling with margins and cutting back (probably on staff as well, which might be behind the delays with your items). I hope the leak etc gets fixed soon - with a house there always seems to be something that needs doing but it would be nice for you if you could have a break from these things sometime soon x
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • shaggydoo
    edited 11 November 2018 at 2:48PM
    CuppaTea /2

Fab /2
    NicNak 1/2autumn_leaf_hello.gif
    Shaggydoo 1/2autumn_leaf_hello.gif

Anybody else?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure