It's not a lot, but it's enough

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    So the big boss spoke to me yesterday and maintained the carrot that was dangled previously; a promotion and a pay rise if I get a bit sale in.

In fairness, I'm not a million miles away from making that happen but still, it shouldn't have come to this. He did compliment me on the work I am doing and spoke of the positive future I will have but I take that with a pinch of salt and almost a bit patronising. So the atmosphere in work isn't the best at the moment and I hope that changes soon.

With all this in mind, it's going to be a busy week, including working on Saturday so I'll be thankful when Sunday comes.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi Speky

Just catching up on everything I've missed. Fingers crossed for everything work and home wise...
  • SpekySquarehead
    Good to see you back CCL and thanks for swinging by :) Just in the process on catching up with your new diary too.

Date night last night with my wee gran and as always it was an absolute pleasure :) What a legend. We sat at the dinner table, still with our empty plates in front of us, chatting for hours.

A busy day planned in work today, so I must get on with it :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Morning all,

My weekend flew in, as they always do.

Saturday - Most spent working but we had arrange a few beers with the work boys afterwards to let our hair down. Managed to catch the last train home so it wasn't too expensive a night.

Sunday - The mildest of hangovers from the night before but got up and on with it. Family dinner in the evening and in bed for 10pm.

Today - Been at the gym this morning and I'll be playing football tonight.

Not got too much planned for the week ahead aside from an engagement party on Friday. Unsure what to get that won't break the bank. I'll have a think and a snoop around on here for inspiration.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Yesterday evening I visited my mum to use her internet - and of course see my mum. I applied for another couple of jobs which popped up. I'm now checking a few websites weekly to catch any new
    posts.

My current work are still no forward in helping me financially and so I've no option but to gain some leverage by 1 of 2 ways;

1 - Continue working hard and eventually they'll reward me for the efforts and the sales that I will ultimately make
    2 - Have an offer from another company, with a better rate, and explain that I'd rather stay here but I need them to match it.

So for now, I'll work on both of these; work hard and apply for jobs. I don't expect there to be any movement in the meantime.

I've a good friends engagement party this Friday which will no doubt end up costing a few bob by the time I factor in a gift. My ex will be there too, so that'll be interesting...!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Better leverage with a job offer I would reckon - good luck with it all... Unfortunately, working hard and doing your best doesn't always get financial reward - or is that just me in my job?

And hope Friday goes well as well, and it won't be too awkward.
  • SpekySquarehead
    On Friday night, you may remember, I had a friends engagement party and I knew my ex was going to be there. From the moment I walked in it felt like there was an elephant in the room. So i took the plunge and went over to talk to her. It was all amicable and very friendly, thankfully. It's been almost 2 years since I seen her last so the water is well and truly under the bridge.

Given the party on the Friday, my Saturday was spent nursing a sore head and I was working on Sunday.

It's Monday, the start of a new week and half way through May (!!!). I've got a quiet week ahead thankfully and I'll aim to keep costs to a minimum to recoup what was an expensive Friday!

I'm meant to have a poker night on Saturday, but given I'm skint and I don't know how to pay poker, I think I'll give it a miss.

Lots of housework to do since I didn't do it at the weekend, so I'll aim to smash that out tonight too.

I've a friends stag do in Ibiza in 3 weeks. I've been saving for a while for it, so it's not going to be too bad a hit on my pay packet at the end of the month and I'll be glad to have a bit more disposable income to play with too - until the next event pops up!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Speky - I'm so impressed that you spoke to her and that everything is cool. I hope I can get to that stage someday.
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Speky, long time no speak! Hope you are well.

Everything seems to be ticking along nicely for you. I hope the job oppurtunities go in your favour.

Also how nice that things are amicable between you and your ex. It's great that a line was drawn under it all.

Are you excited for Ibiza? At least you've saved and budgeted for it :D
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • SpekySquarehead
    Speky - I'm so impressed that you spoke to her and that everything is cool. I hope I can get to that stage someday.

CCL - Reading your diary, I have no doubt you will. It doesn't happen over night, particularly so early on given it's still raw. But you will. You're that way inclined.
    Speky, long time no speak! Hope you are well.

Everything seems to be ticking along nicely for you. I hope the job oppurtunities go in your favour.

Also how nice that things are amicable between you and your ex. It's great that a line was drawn under it all.

Are you excited for Ibiza? At least you've saved and budgeted for it :D

Hey Chandelier, good to see you again :)

No news yet on the job front as of yet.

I am terribly excited for Ibiza. I love the island, it'll be my 5th time going but I've never been with the boys before. I've saved but I'm probably taking the least out of all my friends, so I hope not to need more.

My bank has now caught up with my spends from the weekend, which as I said, is a bit higher than I'd like. I needed to buy some smart clothes, which I haven't done in over 2 years. A blazer was £65, a shirt was £25 and new chinos was £9. Not to mention £25 for a gift and then money for drinks and taxis. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback