New Driver - 2 Speeding tickets in a week!

Hi all,
We're looking for some advice, my partner is a relatively new driver (under 1 year) and started a new job recently. She was unfamiliar with the route to work and got caught speeding 36 in a 30 twice on 2 different days all within the space of a week. She thought the road was a 40. The letters arrived within 2 days of each other and she's pretty distraught about it all and what may happen.

Due to her being a new driver would she be offered an awareness course or would they simply hand her 6 points and revoke her license?

Her car is on my insurance policy and she is marked as an additional driver to the car. will I need to inform my insurance company? If so would this effect my insurance as It was't my car and I wasn't driving?

Not looking for any sympathy here, It was her fault and she's aware of that just looking for advice as to whats likely to happen.

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Being a new driver is no bar to being offered a SAC.
  • Jono987
    Jono987 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 August 2018 at 9:03PM
    She will get offered a course for the first one.
  • konark
    konark Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    .. and she's in the right range of speeds for a SAC and a SAC means nil points. Do you get offered one automatically?
  • Jono987
    Pretty sure if I'm the range you get offered it automatically after you have named the driver.
  • Jono987 wrote: »
    She will get offered a course for the first one. As for the second one, are you sure it was her driving? It may have been you driving that day...and you will get offered a course as well.
    It`s really not a good idea to lie on the paperwork, much more serious charges could follow.
  • Darth_Spud wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We're looking for some advice, my partner is a relatively new driver (under 1 year) and started a new job recently. She was unfamiliar with the route to work and got caught speeding 36 in a 30 twice on 2 different days all within the space of a week. She thought the road was a 40. The letters arrived within 2 days of each other and she's pretty distraught about it all and what may happen.

Due to her being a new driver would she be offered an awareness course or would they simply hand her 6 points and revoke her license?

Her car is on my insurance policy and she is marked as an additional driver to the car. will I need to inform my insurance company? If so would this effect my insurance as It was't my car and I wasn't driving?

Not looking for any sympathy here, It was her fault and she's aware of that just looking for advice as to whats likely to happen.
    You need to post on Pepipoo for the best advice.
    You will need to inform the insurance company, hopefully they will accept that she is not the main driver on the car as well.
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    treboeth wrote: »
    It`s really not a good idea to lie on the paperwork, much more serious charges could follow.
    Aye it's a good way to go from a very minor issue, to one that will **** you over for a long time, not to mention the possible fun at an all expenses paid 0 star resort, complete with communal showers and low quality food.
  • Yes it was her driving on both occasions... its her car not mine, I just have her car on my Insurance Policy and her down as an additional driver. I'm sure I would have remembered driving her car near her work place since I've rarely driven her car and I've never driven near her work place. Was this an assumption that I was lying about the situation?
  • Jono987
    No mate never mind, forget I suggested anything. It's just if you were driving on one of the occasions you would both get offered a course and she would not get any points. But she was driving both times so never mind
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Darth_Spud wrote: »
    Yes it was her driving on both occasions... its her car not mine, I just have her car on my Insurance Policy and her down as an additional driver. I'm sure I would have remembered driving her car near her work place since I've rarely driven her car and I've never driven near her work place. Was this an assumption that I was lying about the situation?

They were suggesting you lie and pretend you were driving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure