PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a smashing time Fuddle x
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh Scotland in autumn...lovely colours but it may be cold & damp! Have a fab time xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh glad to hear the good news Lyn:j

Have a lovely time fuds x
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that i'm away to Scotland for a couple of days from tomorrow so don't worry if I go quiet.x

Enjoy yourself Fuddle but bring your fur lined knickers and brolly. It's damp and due to be pretty cold on Sunday - the colours are lovely though:)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a good time Fuddlexx
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I'm back :D the wind was bad last night (well in a caravan) and chilly, chilly, chilly but we've had a lovely time. DH's sister (not Jones his older sister who lives in Scotland) said we could stay in their caravan which is sited in the Trossachs. We had a day in Edinburgh which once away from Princes Street (on edge with the busyness) and into the older side I loved it although it's such a shame that it's full of shops selling to the tourists. We got hold of a historical map and wandered round looking at the history. Yesterday we took the girls to a Safari park. They loved that and so did we really! Today we dropped the caravan keys off to SIL, laughed hard as always with them and then BIL took the girls one by one for a jaunt out on his motorbike. :eek: they loved that... I managed to stay on my feet :eek:

So back home. The weather has turned and the fire is on. We brought back a pumpkin so that will be carved tomorrow night and I'm off to go find out a good use for the flesh.

Oh, health wise? No breathlessness even up and down Edinburgh but last night I suffered greatly with the acid. I have been excellent with my eating choices so very sad but talking with Kittie via PM when I could get a signal she mentions that fruit ferments terribly from acid sufferers and I had fruit salad for my tea and a fair bit of it too.:eek: I'll get there.

I hope you are all ok and coping with the colder weather. Has it changed for the colder everywhere?
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    It has been chillier in Blackpool but allegedly will be milder early next week.

Am so glad you enjoyed your mini break- I love Edinburgh, especially the Grassmarket area and the Closed. DH went to uni there so knows all the good haunts :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your Scottish break so much Fuddle funnily enough we are off to Edinburgh the week after next for a few days and am very much looking forward to exploring the city.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I've seen some stunning photos of Edinburgh on fb over the years. Such a rich place. We had lunch in the Grassmarket area floss. The White Hart pub I think it was. It's supposed to be where murderous duo Burke and Hare found victims to sell to doctors in the 1800s. I ordered liver pate before I knew that. Guffaw!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We lit the stove as it got dark, decidedly chillier this evening but I daresay not nearly as cool as you folk further north by far. We had a lovely weekend, did loads in Nell's garden yesterday morning, James came and the four of us just blitzed it, looks so much better now. He Who Knows and James got on so well, I thought they would but they're so similar it's frightening. We all went out for lunch and James relaxed entirely which was lovely, she's such a lucky girl!

Cut the blackberries back in the garden this afternoon and chopped all the prunings up into the garden rubbish bag to be collected tomorrow so that's another job done, we're gradually clearing the polytunnel just a few late lettuce and some beetroot to use up and then it can be deep dug and put ready for use next spring if we're still here. I was so sad that the house we were viewing on Saturday was sold on Thursday afternoon but hopefully there will be something suitable for us at some point. I have Maisie dog for the whole day tomorrow, her mum has a training day at school so she'll pick her up after the school day, I shall enjoy having her!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure