Husband bankrupt and Trustee wants to sell our house??!!!??

Comments

• UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    slightly OT but you say there is a £200,000 mortgage.

Your husband is bankrupt and you do not work, do you have an income?

Has any of the mortgage actually being paid in the last 3 years?

If not, it is in your interest to sell as soon as possible or your pot may be getting smaller on a daily basis.
  • Clouds88
    Clouds88 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I!!!8217;m really sorry to hear about the situation. My dad went bankrupt years ago to force my mum to sell the house. I thought everyone knew they would lose their assets when bankrupt? I!!!8217;m bankrupt myself and rent. No one will ever buy me a house I have to work and afford one once I!!!8217;m out of this mess.

Sorry about your house, why not look at ideas now, can you buy a smaller place with the 100,000? Can you rent for now and keep that money in the bank, get a job and then afford a mortgage. Life is very hard I know but if it!!!8217;s something you really want you can make it work. Goodluck.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Is this def not a wind up
  • BeccaGee
    BeccaGee Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I wish I could say it was a wind up. Husband spoke to the trustee today and we have some talking to do now
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    !!!8220; But I can explain that I do not work and so I cannot get a mortgage on my own and my husband probably couldn't now he is bankrupt!
    Originally posted by BeccaGee

Why don't you work?
  • BeccaGee
    First Anniversary
    It!!!8217;s just the way we have always done it, quite old-fashioned. He has always worked and paid the bills and I look after things at home
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    BeccaGee wrote: »
    It!!!8217;s just the way we have always done it, quite old-fashioned. He has always worked and paid the bills and I look after things at home

Given how things have turned out that's something you might want to reconsider moving forwards.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • BeccaGee
    First Anniversary
    I wouldn!!!8217;t even know where to start. I am very much in love with my husband,
    We are great and happy together. We just need to find a way around this.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Wow. Well, the next step is somewhat obvious then.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

Except he hasn't paid the bills, well at least £100k of them.

If this isn't a wind up, its probably more than time for a rethink and make sure you know what you need to know to secure your future. Your 100% reliance on him is looking shaky at the moment.

Presumably his discussions with the OR today confirmed the position is as expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure