Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• Frankly, there aren't any fantastic deals. But here what I have tried and what is my personal experience.
    1. Swagbucks - hate it... very confusing, not enough surveys, didn't work for me. Cashed £ 5 Amazon voucher and escaped.
    2. Ipsos - surveys are rare but very good value. There is no cash available. I use it for Amazon vouchers which I get immediately after cashing out.
    3. Opinion Outpost - very new to it so haven't cashed anything out, read good reviews that they pay immediately, reasonable flow of surveys.
    4. Global Test Market - heavy work load, loads surveys but more often than not get screened out, long wait for money, less wait for vouchers. Yet one of the my top lucrative sites.
    5. My survey - almost the same as Gobal Test Market but lower threshold. Recent weeks no surveys but I had loads in the past so hopefully it is just temporay
    6. Crowdology - surveys scarce but on the positive side low threshold and instant payment
    7. One Poll - very hard to reach the cash out £ 40 pounds but on the plus side surveys short and sweet
    8. Toluna - loads of surveys but you get screen out all the time, looooong wait for the points to appear in your account, no Amazon vouchers, really annoying site, hopefully I cash out soon for the first time and leaving it.
    9. Newvista - rare surveys but well paid, they do only cheques though..

So no definite answer. Try them all and stop the ones that annoy you.
  • bouboumum wrote: »
    Frankly, there aren't any fantastic deals. But here what I have tried and what is my personal experience.
    1. Swagbucks - hate it... very confusing, not enough surveys, didn't work for me. Cashed £ 5 Amazon voucher and escaped.
    2. Ipsos - surveys are rare but very good value. There is no cash available. I use it for Amazon vouchers which I get immediately after cashing out.
    3. Opinion Outpost - very new to it so haven't cashed anything out, read good reviews that they pay immediately, reasonable flow of surveys.
    4. Global Test Market - heavy work load, loads surveys but more often than not get screened out, long wait for money, less wait for vouchers. Yet one of the my top lucrative sites.
    5. My survey - almost the same as Gobal Test Market but lower threshold. Recent weeks no surveys but I had loads in the past so hopefully it is just temporay
    6. Crowdology - surveys scarce but on the positive side low threshold and instant payment
    7. One Poll - very hard to reach the cash out £ 40 pounds but on the plus side surveys short and sweet
    8. Toluna - loads of surveys but you get screen out all the time, looooong wait for the points to appear in your account, no Amazon vouchers, really annoying site, hopefully I cash out soon for the first time and leaving it.
    9. Newvista - rare surveys but well paid, they do only cheques though..

So no definite answer. Try them all and stop the ones that annoy you.

Been hearing some bad things lately about opinion outpost not paying at all, I've been using the site for maybe a week now and nearly got £10 in money to payout so will see then if they pay me, got a bad feeling they wont.
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Been hearing some bad things lately about opinion outpost not paying at all, I've been using the site for maybe a week now and nearly got £10 in money to payout so will see then if they pay me, got a bad feeling they wont.

You can cashout at £2.50 so if you are worried, why not cashout now and when you receive the money it will put your mind at rest.
  • Probably will to be honest, Thanks

Do you use this site?, Want piece of mind especially putting login details for paypal through the site
  • chels wrote: »
    You can cashout at £2.50 so if you are worried, why not cashout now and when you receive the money it will put your mind at rest.

Also you earned all the money on survey sites in 2014 on your bio? if so that's amazing.
  • chels
    Probably will to be honest, Thanks

Do you use this site?, Want piece of mind especially putting login details for paypal through the site

Yeah I do use the site, I posted above saying they pay immediately and i've never had any problems with them. I think you only put in your email address for your Paypal account not your full login details.
  • chels
    edited 6 December 2014 at 11:57AM
    Also you earned all the money on survey sites in 2014 on your bio? if so that's amazing.

It's mostly from survey sites but also from various cashback sites and smartphone apps. The figures are what i've redeemed during the year so may include some earnings from 2013 but not money earned and not yet cashed out, if that makes sense.

It needs to be updated, i'll go and do that now :D EDIT: Done!
  • bouboumum
    bouboumum Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2014 at 6:01PM
    Oh no, both Opinion Outpost and Crowdology wouldn't let me cash out this morning!!!! :-(

17:00 h same day both sites working ok, money cashed out, panic over!
  • bouboumum wrote: »
    Oh no, both Opinion Outpost and Crowdology wouldn't let me cash out this morning!!!! :-(

Have you cashed out with them before?
  • Yes, panic over. I managed to get my money from the both sides. I have cashed before with Crowdology and I seem to remember one more instance when I couldn't withdraw for a day or two. It was my first with Opinion Outpost. All seem to be fine now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback