IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private car park ticket

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    So my question now is do I just wait for them to take me to court or should I contact Gladstone Solicitors.
    You just wait to see what happens. But, in preparation, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which covers the entire court process. Get yourself up to speed with that.

Please don't come back in a few weeks time shouting 'help, help, yelp, I've got a Letter Before Claim from Gladstones'. Get ahead of the game now via plenty of research and study - that's the way you beat these Johnnies!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ICEMANMAZ
    ICEMANMAZ Posts: 23 Forumite
    I got letter before claim 2 weeks ago. Best get reading up.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Meaning you have 2 weeks left to respond....
  • quick update

I got a County Court claim form today. Had a read through it. I presume I now need to send it back to the court filling in the defense part claiming that I was not the driver. I will also include the letters that I got saying they acknowledge that it was the wife driving and not me.
    Is there anything else I need to do?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    ICEMANMAZ wrote: »
    quick update

I got a County Court claim form today. Had a read through it. I presume I now need to send it back to the court filling in the defense part claiming that I was not the driver. I will also include the letters that I got saying they acknowledge that it was the wife driving and not me.
    Is there anything else I need to do?
    Your presumption is very wrong. You do not fill that defence box in at all, and if your defence is purely 'I was not the driver', you're going to really struggle. But it does need to be acknowledged - see the following paragraph.

You need to study the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which guides you right through the court process from the LBC up to the actual court hearing.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ICEMANMAZ
    Totaly at a loss now, wish I had paid the original £60. Guess I will just have to pay the fine at court.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,430
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ICEMANMAZ wrote: »
    Totaly at a loss now...

I really don't understand that.

Did you read the last sentence of Umkomaas's post?
  • ICEMANMAZ
    Yes looked at sticky #2 I just can't find what I need to do to acknowledge the court
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,162
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you go back to the sticky post #2 and scroll down until you see this bit: -

Here is a guide to MCOL & how to acknowledge service (the first step), put together by a genuine PPC fighter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/money-claim-online-How-to-Acknowledge.pdf?dl=0

This is what you are looking for.
  • ICEMANMAZ
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    If you go back to the sticky post #2 and scroll down until you see this bit: -

Here is a guide to MCOL & how to acknowledge service (the first step), put together by a genuine PPC fighter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/money-claim-online-How-to-Acknowledge.pdf?dl=0

This is what you are looking for.

Thank You I hopefully understand now. Sorry if I come across as totaly stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure