Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    All sounds very sensible Beanie - although financially overpaying the loan makes more sense nothing beats the feeling of security of owning your home :T

Glad you enjoyed all the free food!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    strawberries sound nice :)
    the house stuff is scary sometimes but you will get there
    have a good day beanie :)

Thank you.
    Not the best of days but I will keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    lindez wrote: »
    Hi Beanie
    Just caught up on your diary, you are doing brilliantly. I have subscribed and willing you on to the end of your mortgage and loan. x

Thank you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    gallygirl wrote: »
    All sounds very sensible Beanie - although financially overpaying the loan makes more sense nothing beats the feeling of security of owning your home :T

Glad you enjoyed all the free food!

I know.
    I am still torn about this TBH.
    My head is in a spin.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Not the best of days.
    I chaired a meeting today which will ultimatly lead to the end of a charity I have been involved with since its beginning just short of 20 years ago.
    I have a very heavy heart & feel very sad.
    I have been the chair for 4 years.
    Although I know that for very many reasons it is the best & only way forward I so wish things had been different today.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    In better news I got an early birthday present & lovely card today as my friend will be away for my birthday.

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the charity beanielou xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Sorry to hear about the charity , why is it being wound up if it has been around for so long ? As for house repairs , they are a nuisance , but need doing unfortunately. When your all paid up on the loan and mortgage, you can have a house repair account instead .
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the charity, beanie - I was a committee member for a work related charity about 6 years ago, and it was utterly, utterly horrendous, unbelievably stressful. But it still did useful work! A difficult situation, these things always are.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear the charity has wound up Beanie.
    When is your birthday?
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport