PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They certainly do. So sorry for your loss GQ.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :o Thank you for all your kindness. She was 4 kg of vim and vinegar, but very affectionate when it suited her. She had a very lovely life with the 'rents and that's all you can do for your beloved pets.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    GQ just adding my sympathies for your loss - it's amazing how something so small can leave such a big gap in your life xx Hugs to your DB too, it's amazing how you miss that purry, furry sandbag in bed x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am feeling for you too GQ, our house just isn't the same with out a furry friend, I chat away to him, we fall out , we make up, he is loved and spoiled to death.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    25 years ago we managed 24 hours after our cat waa run over :o They leave an especially peculiar shaped hole when not there any longer :(
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • I wish I could afford to have more, there are just so many in shelters waiting for loving homes.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My temporary ban has finished and I have enjoyed the time away, it has broken my mse addiction and I have a new small tight group of online friends. My being has changed from stressed to very happy, content and fulfilled
    The personal update: the old house turned out to be horrendous when it came to the survey, it needed major work top to bottom, many things had been hidden, so I withdrew my offer. The very next day I started searching online for a new house, much better for me at my stage in life. The old house was the one that had alerted me to the major attractions of moving to that small market town, only 13 miles away from here. I decided that I wanted to be in this place and yesterday, after a couple of false starts, found my perfect new home. Small family builders and the best build I have ever seen. Tiny garden but 100% private and bright and sunny. I have reserved it and will be moving late September
    Those old house worries evaporated once I withdrew and realisation set in, I will be giving up my allotment but I will be doing more cycling and exploring the many new opportunities offered in this new arty crafty place. There are not hoards of houses where I will be, just a few and they are separated. 5 minutes walk from the shops, buses, doctors and plenty of lanes for cycling. The house is smaller than here, better for me tbh so I have masses more that needs to go, I start clearing again today
    I will feel cocooned and cosy, it has that clearview solution 400, underfloor heating and a very high spec of finish and appliances. The best insulation possible, even better than here. A garage with a cavity wall so it will be dry and safe for storage and food, if vermin-proofed
    Today I will do the scale drawings again, try to visualise where I will put stuff, so I can see what has to go. I go from 4 rooms downstairs to 2, I lose 200 sq feet. The house was cheaper, 40k cheaper than the old house and I won`t have to spend any extra. Still 4 bedrooms and one will make that perfect sewing room again but with added spinning and knitting crafts
    The allotment beds already have a home, to my dd, who is very excited and will inherit everything including my rotations notebook. Today, I tackle tools and maintenance things, I will no longer need them. I will be concentrating only on keeping anything to help progress my wood carving. My Excalibur dehydrator is going up for sale today, no longer needed. Yes, important items are leaving but I am going to feel lighter with every step
    One last thought about genes and genetics. I have 50% Polish, eastern European genes and 50% dutch and was born in the uk. My family genetic line comes straight down from 1350 and all the way it is farming, horticultural and baking. That is where I got my skills. These are my indie genes, you can combine those 2 words and create another spelling to a misused word. I live amongst people in my rural county, who have a similar line of uk genetics, running through generations, farming and baking mainly. We all knew how to live in peace and harmony with the land and its wildlife. I will say no more now, my stay with mse is over
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wow kittie, I was going to say welcome back, but, even more importantly, you've turned the temporary ban into something that became wonderful for your own growth. Good for you! Lovely to hear you going forth and conquering. Live Long And Prosper.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello Kitty.

Good to see you back. And what great news about your new house. It sounds Perfick. I just so wish I had been able to find a nice new build. Never mind I will proceed with my fixer upper and make it my Own. There really is nothing else on the market. I'm seeing the solicitor tomorrow so hopefully we should be able to arrange dates. I really would like it to be sooner rather than later.

Still decluttering and pre packing. :rotfl:
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry about the puddy tat GQ :(

The 'nice' flip flops I was sad I'd kondoed :(, but then found again :T have been worse than useless. I can't keep them on my feet - to the point where they are a little dangerous as I keep tripping up in them - so they've been thanked and sent on their way (to the bin... not even fit for the chazzer...) :T It's a win i think as i thought i'd been premature to get rid, but now i know that they can go.. Only a pair of flip flops but another thing out.

THe small filing cabinet however.... :o (tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow)...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport