Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• elizabethhull
    Options
    Comes and goes with me too, I find there's too much to do sometimes to be forever checking if anything's available:(

I like Pinecone, PopulusLive and YouGov because they email me when a survey is available:j

I'm not part of an in-demand demographic so it takes ages to rack up enough for a £50 YouGov payout. I received one last month but it took about 2 years to reach it:(. I'm considering unsubscribing from them. PopulusLive only pay out at £50 too and I'm now up to £44 so I'll stick with them a while longer. Their surveys are usually for £2 or £3 a time but are not all that regular. I've had a several payouts from them over the years though.

I've been reasonably successful with PA but at the moment, when I bother to check if anything's available, it's just short studies for less than £1 a time, sometimes as little as 35p:eek:. Still, beggars can't be choosers and every little helps;)

I do a LOT of surveys !! You have to be prepared to be screened out frequently though. Thank you for recommending PA, I'm getting approx £20 per month since I joined in July. I find Toluna and Global Test Market rack up the points reasonably quickly and they both pay in Amazon vouchers, so you can get eg birthday presents with earnings.

Lovely day here - hope it is with you too.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Doing washing also.
    Good luck with the ESA form
    Enjoy the volunteering :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Positive vibes for the ESA form.
    jwil wrote: »
    Enjoy your volunteering. I hope you got paid and that the car passes ok tomorrow xx

I do the RM surveys, it's a bit of a faff when it's a PO one, but it's nice to get the stamps and the vouchers. They do come in handy!

Thanks all.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Are you getting anything out of surveys at the moment? I've just not got time but had had very little for a while anyway. It's the first thing that goes when I am tired. I did have a quick check on PA and actually had some - probably because I hadn't done any for ages.
    Comes and goes with me too, I find there's too much to do sometimes to be forever checking if anything's available:(

I like Pinecone, PopulusLive and YouGov because they email me when a survey is available:j

I'm not part of an in-demand demographic so it takes ages to rack up enough for a £50 YouGov payout. I received one last month but it took about 2 years to reach it:(. I'm considering unsubscribing from them. PopulusLive only pay out at £50 too and I'm now up to £44 so I'll stick with them a while longer. Their surveys are usually for £2 or £3 a time but are not all that regular. I've had a several payouts from them over the years though.

I've been reasonably successful with PA but at the moment, when I bother to check if anything's available, it's just short studies for less than £1 a time, sometimes as little as 35p:eek:. Still, beggars can't be choosers and every little helps;)
    I do a LOT of surveys !! You have to be prepared to be screened out frequently though. Thank you for recommending PA, I'm getting approx £20 per month since I joined in July. I find Toluna and Global Test Market rack up the points reasonably quickly and they both pay in Amazon vouchers, so you can get eg birthday presents with earnings.

Lovely day here - hope it is with you too.

I get the occasional YG survey and do reasonably well on PA. I should try and do more but hate getting screened out :mad:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We got a payment today :T. We need to pay one urgent (and late) bill and then save the rest for the MOT. If the car passes without needing much work then we can pay more bills. I'm feeling slightly less stressed about money now :).

Volunteering was fun this morning. The teacher was away and the regular TA was needed in another class, so it was just a supply teacher and me all morning :eek:. It went very well considering :rotfl:. At least I know all the children's names and the class routine. The children got quite a lot of work done so their regular teacher should be pleased hopefully.

Laundry is washing in the machine, so now I need to stand over DS1 and make him do his ESA form.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Glad you got a payment in hairy fingers crossed the mot is plain sailing.....there's nothing worse than waiting on money that is owed to you xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Abba.
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I have to agree with you that value coffee is pants :rotfl: Like you DH will only drink Necafe and I also buy it when it's on offer.

However value washing up liquid and loo roll works for me. We get through nearly 6 rolls a day of the value toilet roll :eek: I'm not kidding!

I tried spending the same amount of money and getting better quality loo roll and we ran out halfway through the week :eek:. I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't happening in my house :rotfl:

Just at the start of your diary but amazed that no one asked about this - 6 rolls a day? :eek: do you run a boarding school :rotfl::rotfl:

Off to carry on reading where there might be more clues to come :T

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    daisy_1571 wrote: »
    Just at the start of your diary but amazed that no one asked about this - 6 rolls a day? :eek: do you run a boarding school :rotfl::rotfl:

Daisy xx

Looks as if someone's being very wasteful with it, obviously not the one who has to pay for it;)

Maybe it's time for a sharp word with the culprit.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    daisy_1571 wrote: »

Daisy xx

Hi Daisy thanks for popping in :).

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: you might think I ran a boarding school!

Good luck with reading my diary, it will take you a long time to read all my waffling :eek:.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm so pleased you received that overdue payment:j. Must be a relief for you both with the MOT scheduled. Wishing you, and especially the car, the best of luck with it:beer:

I bet the supply teacher yesterday was really pleased to be assisted by you as you know the children and the set up so well. I envy you being there in the run up to Christmas, it's such a joyful and fun time to be among Infants even though they can get a tad over-excited at times.

Enjoy your saunter if you're still planning to go today. Here's to finding some real bargains:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback