Sportsbi Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Lol. That's f**** funny :T
  • Mamabear
    Mamabear Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    I cut my fringe and I usually bribe my son to trim the back.

I am growing the back but when its long enough i'm going to invest in one of these.

Hope I'm not too late - you might want to look at this:

http://www.hairstyles-instantly.co.uk/
    Peek-a-boo
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    I use clippers on my oh's hair, olderst daughter lets me trim her fringe cos i know how long she likes it, and i trim the length on both daughters hair, i go to my mams mobile hairdresser who charges £6.00 every six weeks.
  • DavidMackie
    Options
    number 4 gets me done for free every time. but not everyone is blessed with the beautiful shaped head i have!!
  • Beetlemama
    Beetlemama Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My son's pretty hippy (except they call it "surfer dude" now) so I just take an inch off his fringe when I can no longer see his eyes. I do mine the same, just a bit off when I can't see out very well. DH never has his done.

Doesn't save us a fortune because we'd all be going for the cheapest place possible, as few times a year as we could get away with, but it does save us some.
    "There is no substitute for time."

Competition wins:
    2013. Three bottles of oxygen! And a family ticket to intech science centre. 2011. The Lake District Cheese Co Cow and bunny pop up play tent, cheese voucher, beach ball and cuddly toy cow and bunny and a £20 ToysRus voucher!
  • fridge_raider
    Options
    Mrs. Bob the Saver has cut my hair for years and I cut hers. She sometimes goes to a poncy expensive 'Salon' where some moronic 18 year old who's 'done a course' hacks at it but always ends up asking me to sort it out for her. £10 quid on scissors and common sense sorts it. We both used to have our hair cut in India once a year (60p each) but now don't even bother with that. It's not rocket science, just look in any 'salon' - no rocket scientists in any of them.
    (I still ask her if she's booked her holidays yet though and insist she calls me Tracey - but that's a different story).
    Nobody has yet commented on our hair, and knowing our 'friends' they would if they could.

Such a disrespectful comment. You're devaluing an entire industry, one in which it takes a lot of time and skill to qualify in.
  • shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    Options
    OH pays £5 each for him and eldest son's haircuts and £4 for our youngest. This is a small independent salon.

I pay £20 for mine, probably don't get it done as often as I should.

I disagree with the poster a few posts up. I can tell a trainee or newly qualified hairdresser a mile off. My hair type takes experience and practice to cut properly. If it's done wrong then it's a nightmare, for me and the hairdresser. It's a skill like any other. Badly cut or dyed hair can be spotted a mile off, most people are too polite to say anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have always cut my sons (two of them) hair. After seeing my older sons father coming out of a barbers several times looking like he's been attacked by a hedge trimmer, I felt I could do a much better job. He agreed ha ha.

However, I will admit that because my hair is a bit of a pain and needs layers.., I go to a hair dressers to have mine done and have kttens every time convinced its going to be a disaster. More skills than mine are required to make it look good.

But I think, with practice anyone can do a basic trim of hair if care is taken. I certainly don't have my sons looking like a bowl has been stuck on their head.
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    So far, the only one in the house who needs a professional cut is my husband. The lads enjoy having their hair shorn by dad with the clippers & my hair is long enough for me to trim it (although I delegate sometimes!)
    Whenever the lads get interested in whizzy haircuts, they tease each other out of the idea within minutes. (Eldest 14, not sure how long this can last!)
  • Telby01
    Telby01 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so tight that I've decided to go bald to save on £££
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business