PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• egon
    egon Posts: 439 Forumite
    Hi all,

I will not be joining the challenge this month. I have to catch up with my OU work, this is why I was very quiet in October!

I still be writing everything down, just no posting etc.

Good luck to everyone

Egon
    I wish Germany had a website like moneysavingexpert!
  • Hi :wave:

Please put me down for £50 again this month. Being really strict and am starting to free up some space in my freezer and cupboards. Only buying the bare essentials and fresh stuff in November! ;)

Meal plans made up for the month to ensure all the meals are used up from the freezer. :A

Good luck everyone!

Debbie. x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member No 1001 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :cool:
  • Opps

£60
    budget please please
    Buy for value not cost.
    Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 80
  • Hi everyone,

Can we be put down for £400 the same as october. But this is a 5 week month for us but will give it ago.

CQ
    Proud to be No. 61 in the DMP mutual support group.
  • i've been absent for a while but back with a vengence now!!!

can you put me down for £300 this month please!!:D
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mrs M can you please put me down for £350 for November please.I could do with cutting down this month as I have some unexpected bills flop onto the doormat.I'll post my last month final results on Friday

Lesleyxx
  • Hiya guys,
    Mrs mc, can you put me down for £90.00 again this month, I have a freezer to fill now that it is defrosted at last:beer:
    Good luck to one and all:D
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • katie2407
    katie2407 Posts: 352 Forumite
    good to see a new thread was under by £10 last month but this month I plan to do more meal planning so hopefully get down even more
    :mad: 5 account to clear- £14580.47/£1074.90- 7.3% paid off
    debt free nov 2012 before that I hope
    sealed jar no 420
  • Hi all - can't believe it's the November thread already - where did this year go? Thanks Mrs M for adding me to the list. We did our big shop last night which was worked out religiously on mysupermarket.com and we stuck to it completely. I find it so much easier as if I'm looking at the list while he's pushing the trolley then I'm not looking at the shelves and the things I might have forgotten that just get chucked in! The new rule is, the shopping list is started a week before we go and if you can't think of it in that time then we obviously don't need it!!! If it's remembered after that then it goes on the list for next month. I am becoming a shopping hitler! On the plus side, we've managed to get nearly everything we need for the baby and hardly spent anything! A 2 year old travel system for £29 off Ebay is my best bargain (cost £549 new!) . Still need to get a new car seat but the in laws have offered to buy that. hurrah!

Just trying to get a grip of the food shopping and soup making. Hoping not to go over this month but am making up meals for the freezer so I don't have to think about it when the bump shows up in January!
    Jonathan Douglas born 20th January 2009 - 9lb 4oz
    Alexander William born 30th December 2012 - 10lb 2oz
    GC June 2014 £79.04/£150
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good luck everyone, looks like porridge, broth and stew weather is well and truly here to stay and the salad days have gone. It's heat or eat time :D
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport