First one to clear 15k gets a paper hat

Comments

• Mike84_2
    Mike84_2 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Seeing as I've only got £14,393 worth of debt it's only fair that I clear it off and make £607 worth of savings to make up the £15k, as I really want that hat!!! :D
    First to £15k hat challenge!
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Oh.... it will be the most rocking paper hat you have any seen...

I'll even ask Martin to sign it xx
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Doodledo reporting for duty :D

I desperately need to increase my income so maybe we can use this thread to share all our money making schemes as well :D

Do you think we should try and set a target date too or am I pushing it a bit lol
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • Mike84_2
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    Oh.... it will be the most rocking paper hat you have any seen...

I'll even ask Martin to sign it xx

Wonder how much that'll get on ebay?!?! ;)
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I did wonder about a date but I think getting it done as soon as possible suits must LOL

I'd love it gone by Xmas 2009 but that means payying 1k a month.... now I can manage about £650, not sure where I can find the other £350 YET! but maybe we could use that as vague date aim?

And maybe the paper hat could be answer to it all, reckon I could get 15k for it?lol

So far my ideas have been to control my food spend and then spend the savings from my budget there on overpaying the debt.
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    not joining in as i only(!) have about £5k to clear but wanna wish you all good luck and i'll be lurking too :D
  • Hi

This is great, such a good motivator, I'm determined to pay off mine first!!!

I have 5 credit cards with the debts on, one only has about £100, one has £1,000 at 0% for another 5 months, one has £2,600 at 7.9% for 2 years (year and a half left), one is £7,435.18 at 6.9% until paid off and one is 6,080.74 which is reverting back from a 0% deal next month.

I've done £7 of extra payments the last week, I'm going to try and pay the minimum plus the monthly interest on each card and if I have any spare cash will pay a bit more off, am starting with the A&L which is 6,080.74 as that is the highest APR so any extra money will be thrown onto paying more off of that one.

I'm saving 1ps, 2ps, 5ps, 10ps, 20ps and £2 coins in a tin so when that gets full will open and pay off of a debt, will make sure it is an extra payment rather than instead of a payment.

I'm going to be uploading lots to Turbolister tonight and over the weekend for the cheap listing weekend. I'm doing the free money on Moneybackmadness (searches for 2p etc). I currently have £44 on there so when it is confirmed in my account I'll get it paid into my bank account, so when it gets to £20 confirmed I'll get that at the start of the next month.

I've done all my kids xmas shopping so that is a relief, they are away next Friday until Wednesday so will wrap everything up that I have.

Can someone please tell me how I update my signature, I can't seem to find where to do it? Thanks
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • Mike84_2
    Ok CAFCgirl,

Do you buy your dinner everyday from say a supermarket (Sandwiches etc?)

I did until yesterday, and I was spending around £5 per day!!! :eek:

So I've decided to buy a loaf of bread a week and some meat and make my sandwiches which will save me loads!! (Around £80 to £100 per month!!!)

You should join the lunchtime challenge which Naomi set up!

I'm going to see how much I can save by not buying lunch everyday!
    Debt £14,393 / £10.49
    Savings £607 / £0
    That hat is mine!!!
  • Updated my sig, woohoo, am I in the lead?
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • !!!!!!, Mike's in the lead, better raid the penny jar!!!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport