IT'S BACK !!! M&S "Dine in for £10" (merged)

Comments

• jembie
    jembie Posts: 936 Forumite
    Nessa wrote: »
    and I got I.D'd for the wine!! I'm 25 in three weeks! :D

NICE ONE! :T :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Don't ever stop believing........
    Never get tired of watching you, someday you will break through.....
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This happened to me too in marks and i'm thirty two!!!!
    Do you think they are told to do it to make us go back lol
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • SAHARA
    SAHARA Posts: 187 Forumite
    I'm sooo full, never eating again, we had the beef stew, veggies, and sticky toffee pudding for tea tonight, and the kids are lay on the floor groaning with full tummys, hubby is currently on the sofa doing the same, and I can't move!! That sticky toffee pudding is a monster!!
    July Grocery Challenge Budget £160
    Spent
  • You should be offered a bag for life free with all food transactions - not just the £10 deal. I work in foods for M&S and that is the policy across this weekend.

A previous post mentions deals every other weekend until Christmas. I have been lead to believe there is one more in October and a "Christmas Special" but they will stop after that. The main purpose of these deals is to drive footfall in the stores and that won't be necessary in December as we will be packed anyway!
  • acer
    acer Posts: 255 Forumite
    Just had sea bass and roasted veg with a bottle of frascati and saved the chocolate fudge pud for another day. Lovely Meal!
  • nelster
    nelster Posts: 406 Forumite
    Might be an obvious point to everyone but look carefully around your M&S foodcourt.

Just because the Pinot Grigio or Sticky Toffee Pudding is not in it's special "2 for £10" area doesn't mean that it's not elsewhere in the shop.

Took about 10 minutes but we found them elsewhere in their normal aisles. Well worth the effort.
  • To answer a couple of other questions - the deal runs until Sunday 12th but don't leave it that late as the stock is deliberately left to run out and choice will be limited.

As some have found out, dig around for a large chicken. I found one for over a tenner as well and saved over £12 in total (and a 20% staff discount -sorry!).

I can't 100% confirm how the company will run this deal after October, they will probably see what sales are like and act accordingly. Incidentally, the weekend half price deals which have been alternating with the £10 deal are being wound down as they have not been as successful.

As and when I get more info I will post it here. However, we generally only find out a day or two before a promotion starts and I would rather give you facts than try and second guess and mislead! Watch this space.
  • i went today and got

*Large chicken (£8.48) - these were not in the offer area or stickered but i remembered from before they were included.

*mixed veg
    *choc fudge pudding
    *Clear Lake Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    I ended up getting the beef casserole. It says that it served four, so have frozen in four portions!
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • avstar
    avstar Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got a chicken as part of a deal yesterday for £7 as it was the largest with a a 'dine for £10' sticker - there were some bigger oakham chickens labelled large in the meat section but these weren't stickered....would they have gone through as part of the deal ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure