Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Options
1127128129130131133»

Comments

• RS2OOO
    RS2OOO Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Received OTM final bill today, just short of 10 weeks since my switch date away from them.
    Electricity calculations are correct, yet they are billing me against an Estimated gas reading which is higher than the reading I supplied OTM and the new supplier with on the switch date.

Thus unless I've missed something I am being charged by both companies for the same units.

Looks like I've another load of phone calls and queuing to do on Monday!
  • feynman33
    feynman33 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 February 2019 at 7:54PM
    Options
    They produced my final bill on 28/1, on 5/2 i asked via webcat about the refund since my DD was cancelled, was told DD didnt matter and refund can take 5-14 working days.

On 16/2 i told them it had been 14 working days and i had not recieve it, they said the refund was procceced on 12/2 and can take at latest 14 working days to show in my bank account.

Still not recieved it. p1ss takers, what kind of bank transfer can take 14 working days to show in your account? I will phone them next week.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature please contact the Forum Team}
  • dprice8893
    Options
    RS2OOO wrote: »
    Received OTM final bill today, just short of 10 weeks since my switch date away from them.
    Electricity calculations are correct, yet they are billing me against an Estimated gas reading which is higher than the reading I supplied OTM and the new supplier with on the switch date.

Thus unless I've missed something I am being charged by both companies for the same units.

Looks like I've another load of phone calls and queuing to do on Monday!

This has happened to me when switching in the past and isn't peculiar to OFTM practices. If it's a small amount they just say it's within tolerances. I pushed the point and got a refund that more than covered the discrepancy. Make those calls and complain.
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just got another stupid email from Outfox:

They are increasing my direct debit again... two months after I switched, and stopped the DD. I will be checking my bank account very carefully in case it does reactivate.
  • Doh
    Doh Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    well I've had i bit of a result, finally got my £88 back( from the 29th December switch) and they've foolishly refunded the the extra DD they took of £210 in Feb, they instructed me to do an indemnity claim for it in Feb when i spoke on chat. i also told them about a week later it looked like were going to refund both the DD as well as the £88 credit (total £298 credit). The guy on chat assured me if would be sorted and they had a record of the indemnity claim, which clearly didn't happen... so i'm £210 up :D

so yes, i'm well aware its not my money and i should give it back, but i feel like letting them fight for it a bit now the shoe is on the other foot so to speak :cool:
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I got my credit back this morning but I can't see any sign of a final bill, although to be honest I don't really care anymore about that, the money was more important. Glad to see the back of them quite frankly.
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone having trouble getting their credit balance back from outfoxthemarket who has stayed with then?

I'm finding myself quoting text from OFGEM webpages and sending them press releases on what OFGEM considers a 'reasonable' balance to hold. So far they're just alternating between thinking their terms and conditions trump OFGEM rules and trying to weasle out of the requirement to refund credit balances on demand using the 'exceptional circumstances' a customer might fall into debt with them in future if they followed OFGEM rules...... I've just asked for a deadlock letter/declaration in my most recent email so I can take them to OFGEM
  • rabbitmoon
    Options
    I am still waiting on the credit refund. I was told early Feb it would be a couple of weeks, told the same again yesterday. Really appalling company, I can't wait to see the back of them.
  • ceh209
    ceh209 Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dprice8893 wrote: »
    I presume customers on fixed tariffs may hang on to the bitter end.

Like me?
    Currently ~£100 in credit with OTM, fed up with all the emails about direct debit changes but they seem to have recently settled on a DD of £7.30 a month (including my £6.99 membership fee!) so my credit will be down to zero in about 3 months anyway, so I'm not pushing the point about getting it refunded (which I did try briefly when they tried to increase my DD). Definitely switching when the fix ends in October though!
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 February 2019 at 8:37PM
    Options
    Well tbh I'm not getting offered much better across the market for my particular useage except for marginal improvements from unheard of minow operators.... at the rate they're going bust tho I'll wait for something more substantial before switching.

Making slow progress hitting them over the head with Ofgem literature tho. I pointed out they were now simply repeating their refusal to follow the rules and refund my overpaid credit balance on request, so I asked them to issue a deadlock letter/declaration.

This seems to have caused my complaint to be handed up the chain.... time will tell if this is simply a stalling tactic or might resolve things.

So far their excuses have been along the lines of

"our Ts&Cs are more important than and trump Ofgem rules"

which then morphed into

"ok we will follow the rules to the letter but won't refund you under the exceptional circumstances clause -their 'exceptional circumstances' they have quoted as "our customers might fall into debt if we followed Ofgem rules on refunding overpaid credit balances"

I'm now almost hoping they keep their misbehaviour up just to see how that excuse actually lands with Ofgem :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure