The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Crumble and ice cream with Mr Greying sounds like just what you need lass. Hope you're ok, sounds like you're having a few tough days at the minute. Big hugs to you, you're doing a grand job xxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Nothing too beat crumble & ice cream :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I can understand time v money so much, re insurance.
    Having said that, when I switched from Ha!ifax after 5 years of ever rising premiums despite no claims, to Age UK, I saved over £20 a month and was able to put my trike and freezer contents back on - I'd taken them off to save money. Bit of a no brainer.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww GP - sorry to hear about your blippy day - sending lots of hugs your way! Hope the days have gotten better since!

Your 'side' of cauli from the other day inspired himself to make an easi-peasi cauli cheese last night for our side - it was truly yum - we polished off the whole thing - a very large cauli mind you... in fact perhaps the sticky ginger soy chook was actually the side!... whichever way we call it, OH did a spectacular job of a low carb Friday dinner!

...please tell OH it's NOT embarrassing when I take a spoon to the baking tin & scrap it clean of the cheese sauce... I'm trying to convince him it's both fugal & makes washing up so much easier ;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Whyever would you NOT scrape the tin clean RT? Seems perfectly sensible to me, I'm sure that bits of cheese sauce will clog the drains otherwise, and anyway, those nice crusty round-the-edge bits.....mmmmm! :D

Hope all's well in Greying-world - you're sounding more than a wee bit stressed about life in general at the moment my lovely. One thing I WILL say is that if you are struggling to make ends meet yourselves, then the FB donations absolutely should go by the wayside for a while. It doesn't work that bad things will happen if you don't "pay" for them not to you know - and you've already "banked" plenty of karma against the future - let it go and revisit in a few months, a year or whenever you need to.

On the food budget thing, allowing that as you said yourself there HAVE been a few bulk purchases (very sensibly) made this month, I'd look at it over a longer period to see if it really does "red flag" a problem with the figures or not. Sometimes when budgeting one month is simply not a good picture - had you come in £20 UNDER budget I'm guessing you wouldn't have been looking at cutting the next month's figures back by that amount?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have let me FB donations go "on hold" for a while, not sure how long yet, as self employed, very dear to me, person had a spell in hospital and recovering, same person back there again and it has to be family first for me ATM.

I hope if you are having difficult times dear Greying and family that this soon passes.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Whyever would you NOT scrape the tin clean RT? Seems perfectly sensible to me, I'm sure that bits of cheese sauce will clog the drains otherwise, and anyway, those nice crusty round-the-edge bits.....mmmmm! :D
    Is it actually legal to NOT scrape the tin? Another thing to add to my 'when I rule the world' list. Which I keep forgetting to write down so it mainly consists of 'Women's toilets will be kept at a minimum of 22 degrees' :rotfl:.

Hope all well GP, don't let the b*ggers get you down xx
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sending love to GP and familyheart-shape1-smiley.gif?1292867614 and all Pilgrimers heart-shape2-smiley.gif?1292867614
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you're OK GP. And Little P. And OH GP.
    xx
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You know what happened last time you disppeared...

Hope all is well in the GP home.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure