Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• ODIN
    ODIN Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just started switch from Npower to Flow 11.4.16. Fingers crossed it works for me!
  • Hoopie1
    Hoopie1 Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    twinkerzzz wrote: »
    why do utility companies think we want to spend every month giving readings ? It's such an invasion of privacy and time.

For various reasons:
    1) So they can bill you more accurately and therefore use a more accurate figure for your direct debit.
    2) So they can forecast their demand and therefore hedge more accurately. If they can do this, it means that they take less risk and also their transaction costs (brokerage/exchange costs) are lower, which makes them able to offer lower prices.
  • Mothershipa
    Options
    Iv just switched to flow energy from Scottish power (24/04/16) using the cheap energy club. The process was really very simple. I'll update here as I go hopefully it will all go smoothly.
    Proud to be dealing with my debt. :)
    Debt Free Date [STRIKE]December 2018, September 2017[/STRIKE] July 2017 ( hopefully )
    May £10 A Day #21 £33.75/£310, NST May #18, May NSD 2/16,
  • Mothershipa
    Options
    Update.
    I received an email from flow telling me they could not accept me as a customer as I had a related meter. I had no idea what that was but after a quick search on MSE I soon discovered it meant I had 2 meters, 1 for normal everyday electricity & 1 for heating (the heating 1 hasn't been used in over 8years when I had gas installed). A quick call to flow confirmed this and they advised to phone SP and tell them you want to change from a related meter to a non related meter.

Phoned SP and the unused meter is being removed on Friday night FOC :T I will then have to call SP to confirm they have updated the central database to say I have a non related meter before calling flow to get a quote.

I know this all sounds like a bit of a pain but it's only taken about 30mins due to waiting times on the phone.I think that's worth a possible £420 saving.Can't fault Flow on customer service so far.:)
    Proud to be dealing with my debt. :)
    Debt Free Date [STRIKE]December 2018, September 2017[/STRIKE] July 2017 ( hopefully )
    May £10 A Day #21 £33.75/£310, NST May #18, May NSD 2/16,
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    twinkerzzz wrote: »
    why do utility companies think we want to spend every month giving readings ? It's such an invasion of privacy and time.
    I bet you complain when you get bill shock as well.
  • mwahahaha
    mwahahaha Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd energy switch now having previously moved to OVO (Superb) and Coop (Loads of website and systems issues).

Moving to flow has been horrendous by comparison to either.

They advised me not to submit initial meter readings online as they had issues with their systems so I called as soon as I got the email, gave readings and hoped that would be that.

1 month later and I still have an account with the Coop with hundreds of pounds in credit waiting for final meter readings from Flow to calculate my final bill. After calling Flow for the 3rd time in a week today after never having my calls followed up on as promised I have been told that it may take another 6-8 weeks.

It looks like even though I gave Flow my actual meter readings as they asked for they've sent the Coop market estimates and of course the Coop haven't agreed.

So my doing all I've been asked to do, I've been left with 2 accounts open with energy suppliers that I have to keep chasing or nothing happens.

Flow take 1 week to respond to emails, when you call you get a customer service team who forward things on to a more senior team who won't talk to you or give you updates so you are left to chase.

Please avoid for your own sanity. OVO why oh why weren't you in the top few suppliers.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mwahahaha wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd energy switch now having previously moved to OVO (Superb) and Coop (Loads of website and systems issues).

Moving to flow has been horrendous by comparison to either.

They advised me not to submit initial meter readings online as they had issues with their systems so I called as soon as I got the email, gave readings and hoped that would be that.

1 month later and I still have an account with the Coop with hundreds of pounds in credit waiting for final meter readings from Flow to calculate my final bill. After calling Flow for the 3rd time in a week today after never having my calls followed up on as promised I have been told that it may take another 6-8 weeks.

It looks like even though I gave Flow my actual meter readings as they asked for they've sent the Coop market estimates and of course the Coop haven't agreed.

So my doing all I've been asked to do, I've been left with 2 accounts open with energy suppliers that I have to keep chasing or nothing happens.

Flow take 1 week to respond to emails, when you call you get a customer service team who forward things on to a more senior team who won't talk to you or give you updates so you are left to chase.

Please avoid for your own sanity. OVO why oh why weren't you in the top few suppliers.

Hi - just to be clear, this isn't a case of Supplier A passing false meter readings to Supplier B. The meter readings that you have provided go to an independent third party for review and adjustment if necessary. The third party holds historic data for your property. Once reviewed, these readings are passed back to the new and old suppliers to be used as the opening and closing readings for your account. The old supplier then has 5 weeks to use its reasonable endeavours to close your account and raise a final bill.

If something has gone awry in the review process, and the amended readings are outwith industry norms (125C3Ms for gas for example), then the suppliers can raise a dispute. For electricity, the dispute process is 31 pages of A4!!

I am not defending the process which is arcane to say the least. FWiW, Ovo may have served you well but I left them last year after they failed - due to an internal computer error - to switch my gas supply for 3 months after application. The adjusted meter reading was all to pot and it took me 3 1/2 months to reach my opening meter reading. That said, we all call it as we find it.
  • mwahahaha
    Options
    Thank you for the insight Hengus, I understand the process better after our post then after my phone calls.

The customer service have let me down, the chap I spoke to today was great and really wanted to help, the others whilst polite and courteous haven't been able to, merely relaying messages that are never replied to, leaving me to chase.

As you say we each call it as we find it, maybe I was lucky with Ovo. Fingers crossed I get down to one energy account soon!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mwahahaha wrote: »
    Thank you for the insight Hengus, I understand the process better after our post then after my phone calls.

The customer service have let me down, the chap I spoke to today was great and really wanted to help, the others whilst polite and courteous haven't been able to, merely relaying messages that are never replied to, leaving me to chase.

As you say we each call it as we find it, maybe I was lucky with Ovo. Fingers crossed I get down to one energy account soon!

Glad to help. FWIW, the problem with Ovo was caused by me returning to them after a year away. Their computer thought that I had never left and charged me for 9 months of electricity supplied by A N other, and their computer cancelled the gas switch because it thought that I was already on supply. Others have had similar issues.
  • mwahahaha
    Options
    ouch! - that's painful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts