PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th July 2019

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It's the LAST DAY OF TERM

WOOTY WOOTY WOOOT WOOOT WOOOOOOOOT
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli wrote: »
    It's the LAST DAY OF TERM

WOOTY WOOTY WOOOT WOOOT WOOOOOOOOT

Wot she said :j:j:j:j

Have fab days all. Six weeks off from 2pm!!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Enjoy your last day of term.

Jojo, make sure you take everything that is yours, when you leave.

It is raining here
    Kitchen is on the list first, then I will sort a couple of draws out.
    Outside little gate has been mended now it needs painting, but is wet, so that is a job for later on if it dries out or over the weekend.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Late to the party this week, sorry.

Scattered the rest of dancepop’s ashes on Tuesday at a beautiful place where his Mum was.

Today
    Frogs 🐸 tackled
    Emptied the under the sink cleaning cupboard :eek
    Disposed of a few bottles and empty packets.
    Dismantled part of the ubend to see if that is causing the one sink to fill when I empty the washing up bowl into the other. It wasn’t blocked but it was dirty. Cleaned it and replaced the pipes.
    Cleaned the cupboard doors and shelves
    Washing machine filter cleaned after daily laundry completed
    House dysoned
    Bird feeders cleaned
    Tv stand dusted
    Window sill dusted
    Bathroom towel rail cleaned with p ink stuff. I was expecting a miracle but it does look a little better.
    Toilet deep cleaned
    Dance show dvd watched
    Phoned dancegran

Takeaway ordered as it’s DH’s Birthday
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hello all

Late in today, happy last day of term to those it applies to! I have had a chaotic day at the paid stuff and not done yet. I have another telephone meeting to join in 30 mins so just grabbing a bite and a cuppa while I can.
    Zero flying done today, cats have been fighting so there is fluff everywhere. All will have to wait until tomorrow!

Back to work I go!!
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening all :)

Floors done.

I sprayed some flea spray around the carpets this morning so that's all nicely vacuumed away now.

About to put WM on with last of the work clothes and then help myself to a glass of wine.

It's a wonderful feeling going into the weekend knowing that the house is sorted and I can just enjoy the time off
  • Ended up conspicuously saving the day on a couple of occasions (equipment failure. Well, user failure, but it'll do when everybody saw me march across and sort the things [strike]that I'm apparently not needed to do, because somebody else can do it, apparently[/strike].

Instead of my usual working until the last minute, I was summoned from working for five minutes to get the gifts. Prosecco, Chocolate, a plant and a card. Then went back to work until the first opportunity I could run away. But I got a nice reed diffuser and a big hug from one of the kids, which was lovely.

I'm currently feeling a little ick from eating two of the chocolates (I don't even like the things, but felt I should at least try) and I'm necking the bottle of plonk from 3 years ago, as we've run out of space in the fridge now, so I decided it might be a plan to actually open one for a change.

I had gradually squirrelled out all my stuff over the last couple of months, just in case somebody got a bit weird about it, so just had my jute shopping bag and pressies in it. And I deleted all my non work related emails and files, just so nothing comes back and bites me on the behind if they don't get around to deleting my account.

The Head made a huge thing about how fantastic and challenging my new job will be. I don't quite get this, as I think it sounds like a walk in the park compared to what I have been doing. But then I checked the local rag and I've apparently managed to get a job with one of the best state schools in the country. and the best here by far. :eek:

So I'm gradually getting slightly sloshed whilst Himself watches yet another Moon Landing programme.

[Hic]

Here's to six weeks of gainful unemployment (and the last days of being slightly louche, as I have to be - gasp - vaguely respectable from September.)!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well, I started writing this at 7.00 am...

I hope that all school staff and Flykids have had a happy last day of term - glad you got some nice presents and kind words, Jojo :j:j:j

I am still here, lurking more often than posting. I can now see carpet and the spare bed and the surface of my desk, and I have cleaned all through upstairs :D My personal list has shrunk by several lines despite the fact that I have dealt with about 6 extra items that came in this morning. And I spent all afternoon at the horse piddle, having a check-up in the ophthalmology department, only to be told that - although there hasn't been any sign of bleeding apart from a tiny spot last time I had my eyes tested at the opticians - they will see me again in 4 months' time :( I ought to be grateful that they are taking good care of me, but I'd really rather use my afternoons in other ways.

Rosie has spent most of the day curled up behind the sofa in true street dog "stay out of the wet" style - sensible creature! She is now trying to attract my attention in the hope that I will play with her. Yes, I will, as soon as I have finished this post.

Tomorrow I shall clean downstairs and do some washing. The weather forecast is cloud in the morning and light showers in the afternoon, but DH will run out of socks if I don't wash some soon!

Happy weekend to all xx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    House = tip

Who cares? Time do sort scrub and fling and I shall
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning all

6am start on a Saturday! Oh well....

After a couple of days of minimal or zero flying the house seems to have turned into a tip! Not quite sure how as I have been mainly working in one room and DH has been out most of the time!!!

We have more rain forecast here today so I am not sure what to do about the pile of washing that has built up, tomorrow is forecast to be nicer so I may have to leave it until then, or perhaps I will do one load at least to try and keep it slightly under control.

I need to blitz the whole house, do the food shop, some batch cooking, probably about 4-5 loads of washing, loads of things to be tidied away, bins and litter trays to be emptied, washed and reset. I’m sure there are other things as well but that is probably enough to be getting on with!!

I am going to finish my tea, then have quick shower and get this show on the road. DH is not well so I think most if not all of the tasks will have to be done by me.

Hope you all have a lovely day and there aren’t too many sore heads after an evening celebrating the end of term!

Back later with progress report xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport