PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My Champagne moment on Tuesday was taking my son to the cinema to watch Spiderman - Far From Home, which we both loved. :D I used my Odeon Limitless card for my ticket. There was so much action with good storytelling that made this film a hit with both of us. I would give this film 9.5/10 :D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning everyone....

Champagne moments this Morning. Just had a trying on session in my wardrobe........two bags full of clothes now hanging off me. I'm meeting friends in town later so will drop one bag off at the Dress Agency to see if I can sell them.....they are the really good things, quality makes, hardly worn. Then another bag for the charity shop, still nice things just not quite so posh. :D.

Can now slip easily Into size 14. :j.:j.

Feels good. ;)
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A lovely champagne moment for me was two regular customers in the coffee shop I work in, (Mother and daughter) stopping by to show me her brand new baby boy!

It seems like she has been pregnant forever and sounds like she had an horrendous time of it. 36 hours in labour and forceps delivery.

Think it has slightly put her off anymore but the baby is gorgeous and made my day that they dropped by to show me.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • lessonlearned
    KM....that's lovely.

Well I've just done a bit of a financial review for June. Food budget could be improved, but happy with the entertainment and clothes budget.

Got a quote for the carpet, a little bit cheaper than I had estimated so clawed a bit back there. Took a couple of dresses to resell to a dress agency. Will just have to see how much they fetch.

Unexpected bills were a radiator leak, £100 and a car repair of £112. Julys birthdays paid for and have made a start on a couple of Christmas presents.

So all in all - not too bad....it's all swings and roundabouts.

Off out tonight, but it's free entry, free parking and because I'm driving it will be soft drinks only ....so a cheap date. :rotfl:
  • lessonlearned
    Hello Everyone.....

Well today it's my birthday, I am 68 years young ........and I intend to get younger every year from now on. :rotfl:

Today I say YES to everything, cake, wine, music, dancing until I drop......

Actually I made an early start on the birthday celebrations. Admittedly I only drank soft drinks but I had a great time and danced my little legs off. Joining the Meet Up group was definitely a good move. When they realised it was the eve of my birthday they made a huge fuss of me, told the singer who then serenaded me. A fun night.

And I nearly didn't go because I had a bit of a wobble. I thought "what am I doing at my age, is it age appropriate to be going dancing on your own, am I being ridiculous".

Then I thought WTH. If I follow in my parents footsteps (they were both 90 when they died) then I could be sitting inside 4 walls for the next 20 odd years. I'll be damned if I settle for that.

So I put on my glad rags and some slap and off I went. I had a fabulous time and was made so welcome.

Several people told me I looked nice and the word "elegant" was bandied around.

Now I'll share a little secret......apart from my shoes I was dressed entirely in charity shop chic. :rotfl: I costed my outfit and it came to £12 including my new to me black leather handbag which I bought last week.

the venue was free as was the parking and I spent £3.20 on drinks.

Who says you need to be rich to live well.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget. You betcha.

Bring it on.

And I'm going to continue saying "YES"!!!!!
  • angela110660
    angela110660 Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Happy birthday and well done on your positivity- keep on dancing.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Happy Birthday LL :j:D:beer::bdaycake::grinheart:grouphug:

I hope you have a great day filled with love and laughter :D
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Aww happy Birthday LL :beer: So pleased you had a good night!

I love your outlook on life. If only it could be bottled and sold. ;)
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • lessonlearned
    Awwwww shucks, KM. what a sweet thing to say.

Anyhoo. The sun is shining and I have decided to have a few days "holiday". A sort of staycation if you like.

So forget the diet for a few days and take a break from DIY. I have been working pretty hard on the house and garden recently so I am going to just chill for a few days and recharge my batteries.

I don't really fancy travelling at the moment so I'm bringing the holiday home to me.......:rotfl:

I shall pretend I am at a spa......have a few pamper sessions, restart doing some yoga and try and get back into a good exercise routine and then make sure I go out every day and do something - just for fun.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Aww happy Birthday LL :beer: So pleased you had a good night!

I love your outlook on life. If only it could be bottled and sold. ;)

Me too, so upbeat n inspiring.Makes me give myself a kick up the bum, many a time :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport