I want to stop drowning

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Dcs will love being at home. Not a flake of snow here , just very cold , have a good day.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Dcs will love being at home. Not a flake of snow here , just very cold , have a good day.

Dc are very pleased especially dd as she is in the middle of her mocks so missing two exams today. Have a lovely day.
  • debtaghh
    Morning,

I had a nsd yesterday and I’m expexting the same for most of the week apart from one day during the week and Saturday. I spoke to my dad yesterday who allowed me to reduce the monthly this month by £25 and let me off January. This means my shortage for January will be a bit easier. I made some sales recently so made another £100 payment off the Nuba bringing the balance down to £1490.

My cupboards are feeling quite bare as I haven’t been on a proper shop in weeks. It feels very odd having space in the cupboards, I do feel a bit uneasy about it as I’m not use to it.

Have a lovely frugal day.
  • That will give you some breathing space if your dad willing to accept lower repayments for January. February and March will be council tax free months unless you pay over 12 months? The Nuba coming down nicely too.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    We pay over ten months so will have no council tax for two months which will help. The more I clear, the lower the minimums which will really help in the long run. It’s my daughter’ s 16th soon and we were going out for lunch and then getting a takeaway in the eve which I have vouchers for ( for the takeaway) but I’m thinking of cancelling the lunch as that will cost quite a bit but I do feel a bit bad.
  • debtaghh
    Morning,

I can’t believe how soon Christmas will be here!

Dd isn’t well, full of cold. I’m feeling pretty tired and rough so hope I’m not getting it.

Today I need to:

Clean bathroom surfaces
    Wrap Xmas presents
    Look at meal plan

I don’t think I’ll get much else done as my dd has been quite clingy as she is unwell.

Have a good frugal day.
  • I think one celebration meal for your DD is quite sufficient. Either the lunch out or the takeaway. I would not do both if you are trying to save money.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Morning,

Poor DD, hope she feels better soon. Better now than over Christmas.

Totally agree with ES about the meal, we tend to only do one in our house, as much as both mine would love two. xx
  • debtaghh
    edited 13 December 2017 at 1:34PM
    Just after some advice... I do have a very account with a balance which isn’t on my signature but I’m wondering if I should do a balance transfer onto one of my credit cards that has an offer and then close the very account? For several reasons, one being so I can’t use it! Secondly they annoy me as a company so would be great to get rid of it and thirdly I should really include it as debt but don’t. I’m not paying interest on it at the minute but just feels like it’s too easy to not include as debt.

I also have a next account but with a zero balance so will close that down!
  • Can you pay of the very account and close it down?
    Do they charge for the balance transfer? If there is a charge I definitely wouldn't do it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure