Plusnet price increases

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    mnbvcxz wrote: »
    Hmm, well after rather a long time on hold they said due to my call package going up by a pound I could leave penalty free. I'm not totally sure I trust him, took a lot of checking but he did say it...

Claimed no interest in price matching other providers though...

I suppose you could ask for it via e mail, or the contact us message service & copy it

I also found they had no interest in price matching, which was why I left
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • bob99999
    bob99999 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My Plusnet contract is up in next few days.
    I rang them to see if they would match Now TV offer.
    They offered the super faster fibre approx 60mb, with anytime calls for the price of £35.99 per month now and when price increases in December, including free hub2 box.
    The regular fibre was about £1 cheaper. All on 18 month contract.

Compared to Now TV cost of £30pm. and potential topcashback £70. But 12 month contract.

Anyone been offered cheaper by Plusnet?
  • annhan
    annhan Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would be surprised if TCB or PN honour the cashback....they refused to pay mine
  • bob99999
    bob99999 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Not banking on the cashback, had a couple of things not go through but overall earnt over 1k just from using Topcashback over the years for various items.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    Options
    bob99999 wrote: »
    My Plusnet contract is up in next few days.
    I rang them to see if they would match Now TV offer.
    They offered the super faster fibre approx 60mb, with anytime calls for the price of £35.99 per month now and when price increases in December, including free hub2 box.
    The regular fibre was about £1 cheaper. All on 18 month contract.

Compared to Now TV cost of £30pm. and potential topcashback £70. But 12 month contract.

Anyone been offered cheaper by Plusnet?

1st contact no nego.

2nd contact
    £21 U/L fibre, payg calls, free postage on router

£25 UL Fibre+, payg calls, free postage and £50 cash-back.

Chose £21.00 12m (have their £5 mobile, 30 day, 1.5gb data and u/l calls and texts.
  • bob99999
    Options
    Thanks that's a couple of pounds per month cheaper than my price, although you managed to get £50 cashback.
    Worth me calling again.
  • Hi I understand what you mean and would suggest using something like I switch broadband deals to find the best deal in your area, and join with one that promises no price increase. I believe talktalk promises this.
    In terms of customer service, you’ll always have problems with different companies, unfortunately there’s nothing you can do. Plusnet usually is one of the cheapest with what they offer.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 October 2019 at 9:55PM
    Options
    From.the email of the price increase:
    We hope you’re happy with your products and services, but if you decide to leave because of these changes, call us on 0800!587!1905 and we won’t apply any early termination charges. Just get in touch within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 days notice.^

^ If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decided to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring any early termination charges that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 30 days of receiving this notification and give us 14 days’ notice. You will still be liable for service charges up to the date of termination.

My new monthly bill will be £27, my 18 month contract ends February, may as well take this opportunity and shop around.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mnbvcxz wrote: »
    they said due to my call package going up by a pound I could leave penalty free.
    Farway wrote: »
    I suppose you could ask for it via e mail, or the contact us message service & copy it

Well it turns out they were mistaken in telling me I could leave. But they were very apologetic for making the mistake and said I could leave or have £5 off. So I stayed.

I still think their logic that increasing the price of optional (but tied) items does not count as a price rise is rather sneaky and worthy of challenging. But I have nothing to complain about now... But good luck to the rest of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2019 at 3:01AM
    Options
    I telephoned Plusnet and was told that as the call package is an add on, and not fixed like my broadband contract, I cannot leave penalty free. I am tied in and would incur a heafty penalty also lose the balance of my line rental saver which would not be refundable.

I was a bit unsure to be told that when (if) I renew my line rental saver in March (I mistakenly thought it was January but had got mixed up with my TV licence renewal date) I will be able to renew at the current price and avoid the line rental increase. I wonder if this can be right - seems to be a bit 'too good' to renew at this year's price in March next year. I was also told that if, in March, I choose to pay line rental monthly, I will still only pay the present, and not increased, monthly payment. That sounded a bit 'too good' as well. If this turns out to be untrue, and in March, I do have to pay the increased line rental charge, I would be very disappointed in PlusNet.

As I mentioned before, I am very pleased with PlusNet technical support. I also like the ease of using their local Yorkshire call centre although wait times can be long. It looks as if the penalty for leaving will be very costly and I'll have to wait and look again in August. The service is usually good although not as good as it used to be.

Thank you for all the helpful information posted here.

Crimson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport