13»

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 June 2019 at 12:21PM
    Options
    (
    Ever since his company told over my account without my say)

What exactly does that mean and who is his ??

Move to a new provider at a guess you failed to pay the outstanding months on your valid PO contract and its been passed to the debt collectors .
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    DE5T1NY wrote: »
    Yes once again this company has been two faced, they added a £298 fee for broken contract.

Ever since his company told over my account without my say, they have went out of their way to make live hell for me and my family.

I phone them yesterday and once again I was told my account is clear ?

Anyone any ideas what next I can do to right this wrong in my credit ratings
    Ask the to remove the default as your account is clear.
  • P0123
    P0123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JJ Egan - I think it is fairly obvious that there is a typing error there, and "his" should be "this" (- a bit like your bracket on one line, and the text on the next line). Easily happens...

:wink:
  • P0123
    P0123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    DE5T1NY, I changed (after my terrible ongoing experience with the Post Office) to NOW TV broadband and line rental. At the time, it gave me a great saving compared to the PO rates, plus it offered a better and faster broadband option.
    I have stayed with them, so far, because they haven't given me any reason to complain, query or change.
    (NB: MY package does NOT include TV add-ons, but it is there if you want it.)
    Best of luck!
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I too have a terrible ongoing experience with the Post Office. I just placed an order with Now TV but they say they can't transfer landlines from the Post Office and I will have to have a new number. Did this happen to you? Thanks.
  • denko
    Options
    This is the worst broadband service I've ever had. Super slow connection drops off at least once per day, which is no good to me. I called customer service after a couple of weeks and they pretended to try to fix it. After 3 - 4 weeks it was still dropping off regularly. I called to cancel the contract and was told that the cooling off period was over, I'd have to pay.
    Basically, it's a scam to trap you into a sub-standard service. Useless!
  • geofh
    geofh Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options

I have no complaint about the speed provided by the Post Office broadband service. It is similar to that from previous broadband providers.

However, I found the reliability of the Post Office broadband service to be terrible and their customer service to be equally bad.

I have used this broadband service now for 3 months. Almost every day, the broadband connection drops, but restarts after 10-15 minutes. Recently, it has started dropping more frequently – 9 times today and counting. I had no such problems with my previous broadband providers. The Zycel hub provided by PO offers no help. Indeed, it shows the Internet connection as being up when it clearly isn’t.

I did manage (after a very long wait) to contact Post Office Broadband customer service. Their script was clearly designed to try to find any way in which this might be my fault rather than theirs. Even when the fault occurs while the PO Hub (and only that hub is connected) to the NTE test socket – they are still presuming it is my fault.

And what did they do to clear the fault? Precisely NOTHING. They simply asked me to wait 3 days and hope that it clears itself.

I am currently looking to early-cancel the current contract. It will be a waste of £160, but at least I might end up with a usable Broadband connection.

Geof

• jimarnold_2
    jimarnold_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Like several others here PO Broadband is the Worst I've ever had 
    It was fine for 2 months then speed declined by 90% and line drops out a dozen times a day 

It isnt a coincidence that they declined to sign up to the service guarantees and why on earth did OFCOM agree that these should be voluntary !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback