Kufflink P2P lending chat thread

Options
bxboards wrote: »
I think you will be OK if you stick to self select as both are very close to drawdown, and I think look like they could close today or tomorrow.

I'm not too sure - the earliest draw down of the 2 is 27/04/2018 - I would recommend going for auto-invest if you can't/won't invest £500. Kuflink have been asked the will reserve suffice twice with no reply on P2PIF & another member has emailed them it too.
Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!

Comments

• Durban
    Durban Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Once my account is up and running and I can refer, can my husband be referred by me , even though we have a joint bank account?
  • jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Durban wrote: »
    Once my account is up and running and I can refer, can my husband be referred by me , even though we have a joint bank account?

I can't see any reason why not - I referred my mum & my wife (no joint accounts involved though).
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
  • jnm21
    Options
    Just a heads up; I think Kuflink are paying auto-invest referees the £100 & the 3% cashback, but not paying the referrer their £100 (this seems to be the case with my mum).
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 April 2018 at 6:23PM
    Options
    jnm21 wrote: »
    Just a heads up; I think Kuflink are paying auto-invest referees the £100 & the 3% cashback, but not paying the referrer their £100 (this seems to be the case with my mum).

I haven't seen any reference to the 3% cashback on the site - so is that still running? The only offer I've seen mentioned there is the £100 referrer / £100 referee offer, so I assume that's the only offer running. (It's definitely the one I'm expecting!)

Current wording on the referral offer says:
    £100 each will be rewarded to both the Referrer and Referee. The Referee must invest a minimum of £500 for both to qualify for this scheme. There is no limit to the amount of money the Referee can invest. The referee will have a 24-hour limit starting from the moment they make their first £100 investment to invest an additional £400 or more.

The Referee can invest in as many opportunities as are available across Select-Invest, Auto-Invest and IF-ISA.
  • jnm21
    Options
    The 3% offer was on the week that the minimum changed from £200 to £500, which was 12th/13th, so I think it was until the 15th. I've messaged them (not expecting to hear back until Monday).
  • Snow_Dog
    Snow_Dog Posts: 690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jnm21 wrote: »
    The 3% offer was on the week that the minimum changed from £200 to £500, which was 12th/13th, so I think it was until the 15th. I've messaged them (not expecting to hear back until Monday).

Just had an email that cashback has been paid into my kuflink wallet to the tune of 3% of what was invested into the auto-invest so I figure that is the offer, though I thought it would be paid at the end of the year - not complaining. All adds to the %.
  • jnm21
    Options
    Indeed it does add to the %, so long as it does not stop the £100 and/or the £70/£75 - that would undo the good fortune many times over (unless you invested £3.4K)! :)
  • Psyduck1980
    Psyduck1980 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Question - can you withdraw the £100 incentive as cash or does it just get added to your account?
  • Gspree
    Gspree Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    As they have a green 'we're online' dot next to their website chat at this time I decided to give the number a call. There is a short message from a lady who can't say her th's and then the phone just rings off... how very odd.

Their office is based about a 10 minute drive away from where I live so I might head down there to see what's going on. I've even had to tell them on live chat about typos on their website which they've since corrected lol
  • Gspree
    Gspree Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    I think you're probably over-reacting!

It doesn't seem 'VERY weird' to me, they may just be doing a routine check.

As for the 'we're online' and the lady who can't say her th's, just wait until normal office hours - I really really doubt a smallish outfit like Kuflink would really be online at 10pm!

Going to see them to see 'what's going on' seems a bit OTT - just ring them in normal hours (which is what they asked you to do....).

Edited to add: And, for these cashback deals via referrals, it may be best to keep a low-ish profile, we don't want to stress that people are referring people who aren't actually friends... a softly softly approach is better than drawing too much attention to yourself.

Yeah I guess you're right, I think I just saw it as unexpected as I've signed up to a few P2P lending sites and not had to speak to an actual human being yet lol :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure