Subject Access Request

Comments

• It says on the search was "Account Management".

The SAR was sent to MBNA on the 6th October, the entry onto my credit file was done on the 27th October.

Credit score before was 534 now its 484.
  • It says on the search was "Account Management".

The SAR was sent to MBNA on the 6th October, the entry onto my credit file was done on the 27th October.

They did not ask for my permission to access my credit report for an SAR, so therefore the entry is unauthorised.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    They did not ask for my permission to access my credit report for an SAR, so therefore the entry is unauthorised.

They don't need to.

It was a soft search, to check their records of account match the CRA systems.

That's going to get you a response from the ICO of "Not an actual credit check, no impact on your credit files. Compensation required: 0".

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

534 and 484 what? To expect compensation for a change in a meaningless, randomly generated number is unrealistic. As advised, this search will have zero impact on your credit standing and you will therefore have not suffered any loss.
  • Wow! a 9.36% decline in an entirely worthless number! I can see £££ coming the ops way to compensate them for the financial loss they have clearly suffered.
  • Wow! a 9.36% decline in an entirely worthless number! I can see £££ coming the ops way to compensate them for the financial loss they have clearly suffered.

They sold the debt on to Max Recovery so havent lost out.
  • They sold the debt on to Max Recovery so havent lost out.

They sell on the debt at a much lower rate.

And they keep having to spend man hours responding to frivolous complaints.

They have lost out.
  • !!!!!! pay your debt down and stop trying to worm out of it. We see thread after thread from you about this one debt. The check was a soft search admin check used to prove identity. Nothing more, nothing less. No compensation is due because the only people who see this search are the CRAs and you. Lenders do not see it.

Your credit history remains unchanged and your score is meaningless as lenders don’t see that either.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

When you look into this business of permission, it turns out, somewhat surprisingly, that no one actually needs your permission to do any of this. The ICO allow anyone/any organisation to access your credit records provided they have a justifiable reason to do so. I found this out when I looking at what water companies can do. They can report your accounts, carry out searches - hard and soft - all without your permission.

Definition of justifiable: there isn't one as far as this issue is concerned.
  • Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    I heard you can get £10,000 per point lost in compensation.

I’d now be using the MBNA card to buy some awesome stuff, max it out, have nothing to show for it and expect it repaid with MBNAS money.
    Oh wait you halve already done that.......!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport