Is this a polite rejection

Comments

• 2018d
    2018d Posts: 35 Forumite
    I repeat what I said earlier. You have a first class LLB (you don't need to say it's in law, do you?) plus a LLM with a distinction. And you've got something called a MS in public relations from NYU. (No idea what that means and no idea why anyone would want to do it).

So.... you can't get a job...they don't even want you as an intern for free.

Errr - think about it.

They are supposed to just magic up a workstation for me, are they?
    Or sack someone else without notice for especially for me?
    Seeing that enquired speculatively, not to a formal advertised job.
    And you call me arrogant???!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2018 at 11:39PM
    2018d wrote: »
    They are supposed to just magic up a workstation for me, are they? Or sack someone else without notice for especially for me?

And you call me arrogant???!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Steve and his highly reputable firm don't want to employ you. I can't imagine why...but Steve and his firm may have a reason...

EDIT: and where did I call you arrogant? When you made that allegation had you checked what I posted? I've never described you as arrogant. If you've got a first class law degree you seem a bit reckless - worse that arrogant.

so...you can't get a job...?
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    My objective opinion, based on my experience recruiting staff to investment banking is that you are coming across as arrogant and annoying.

The same poster, John-K, an 'oxbridge graduate' who called me a liar and a fantasist and questioned my qualifications, apparently has 2 different titles within finance.

Earlier it was a position that recruited staff to investments banks.Now all of a sudden , he is a trader at an investment bank.

I have no reason to lie, but you clearly do and have and actually have been caught red handed on this thread!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Nope, not getting you, sorry. Most traders will have done some of the interviews. HR sift the CVs, do the group round sir whatever, and then front office staff do the interviews.

We are the ones who will spend twelve hours a day sitting with them, and who they will end up working for.

How did you think that it worked? HR can’t know what sort of people we want, and don’t have the skills or experience to make the final call alone.

I’ve mentioned on previous threads what I do..l
  • 2018d
    Steve and his highly reputable firm don't want to employ you. I can't imagine why...but Steve and his firm may have a reason...

Yes, the reason is in the email. There is no position at the moment (seeing that I cold called them out the blue), when there is a position he will be in touch. He said this twice, so I really shouldn't have any reason to doubt it.

So there is the reason for you.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    In the OP, the OP asked if they were following up on an initial email too much. That's what started the thread.

Since then, the OP has said that they are leaving the thread at least 4 times, but is still posting. I think we have an answer to the initial question.......
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • 2018d
    John-K wrote: »
    Nope, not getting you, sorry. Most traders will have done some of the interviews. HR sift the CVs, do the group round sir whatever, and then front office staff do the interviews.

We are the ones who will spend twelve hours a day sitting with them, and who they will end up working for.

How did you think that it worked? HR can’t know what sort of people we want, and don’t have the skills or experience to make the final call alone.

I’ve mentioned on previous threads what I do..l

Simple advice - when you are in a hole, stop digging. I'm sure they would have taught you that in some guise at Oxbridge. You've been caught red handed. It is just lie after lie, a 'fantasist' some might say. Maybe you can fool people on this forum, but not me.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Simple advice - when you are in a hole, stop digging. I'm sure they would have taught you that in some guise at Oxbridge. You've been caught red handed. It is just lie after lie, a 'fantasist' some might say. Maybe you can fool people on this forum, but not me.

So you honestly do not think that front office staff do the interviewing?

Why not? How would someone in HR be equipped to decide who would be a good fit on my desk?

Here’s an interview with an old colleague of mine from DB. You can tell that he interviews people for jobs in the bank by the way that he says which interview questions he always asks...

https://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/268176/get-a-job-in-debt-capital-markets/

So, any possibility of an embarrassed apology?
  • 2018d
    edited 14 March 2018 at 12:00AM

EDIT: and where did I call you arrogant? When you made that allegation had you checked what I posted? I've never described you as arrogant. If you've got a first class law degree you seem a bit reckless - worse that arrogant.

Someone as 'insightful' as you should really keep up. Having finished retraining 3 months ago for a new career, I turned down 2 jobs last Christmas. So I chose not to take those jobs, even though they were offered to me.

Can you clarify your statement now?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • 2018d
    edited 14 March 2018 at 12:16AM
    John-K wrote: »
    So you honestly do not think that front office staff do the interviewing?

Why not? How would someone in HR be equipped to decide who would be a good fit on my desk?

Here!!!8217;s an interview with an old colleague of mine from DB. You can tell that he interviews people for jobs in the bank by the way that he says which interview questions he always asks...

https://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/268176/get-a-job-in-debt-capital-markets/

So, any possibility of an embarrassed apology?

Let me get this straight.....You're a trader at Deutsche Bank, working 12 hour days and recruiting, and your Oxbridge educated self manages to find all this time on this forum to help unemployed old me?????

Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself now, stop.

The title of the article itself clearly states he is the managing director
    What it takes to work in debt capital markets, by a Deutsche Bank managing director

Are you now saying you are an Oxbridge Graduate, investment bank recruiter, investment bank trader, AND a managing director and you have all this.free time to spend on this thread?

• 2018d wrote: »
    Someone as 'insightful' as you should really keep up. Having finished retraining 3 months ago for a new career, I turned down 2 jobs last Christmas. So I chose not to take those jobs, even though they were offered to me.

Can you clarify your statement now?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry - I'm trying to be helpful. You've got a first class LLB and a LLM (Both from SOAS - which I've heard of, by the way)/ You've also got a MS in public relations from NYU. I agree with jobbingmusician that I wouldn't know what a "MS" from an American university meant.

Well you were offered two jobs and turned them down - your choice. Since you turned down those two jobs, how many other offers have you had? Can you find a job or not?

A first class LLB and LLM with distinction (both from SOAS?) and a MS from NYU. You've had job offers but turned them down!

(This is very unfair of me but there was a common joke in the NHS 20 years ago - what's a sociology graduate likely to ask you - "Would you like fries with that?". BUT YOU'VE GOT TWO LAW DEGREES AND ARE DOING NOTHING! My simple advice is get a job -any job. You may have investments but they won't last forever - and if they did last forever I wouldn't bother getting a job!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure