My Bankruptcy journey

Comments

• Gaz1
    Gaz1 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Ive received my paperwork today and there is no soa in there but 3 forms i have to sign and return a TNIDIS, NTB2 and DPADA so what does that mean as ive got my phone call tomorrow at 1pm
    cheers gaz
  • Gaz1 wrote: »
    Ive received my paperwork today and there is no soa in there but 3 forms i have to sign and return a TNIDIS, NTB2 and DPADA so what does that mean as ive got my phone call tomorrow at 1pm
    cheers gaz

The SOA should be completed during the application process, that's when I did mine, that paperwork is basically for your granting permission for the OR to act on your behalf etc.
  • Gaz1
    The SOA should be completed during the application process, that's when I did mine, that paperwork is basically for your granting permission for the OR to act on your behalf etc.

Before i go on i just want to thank everyone for all your help and advice it is much appreciated.
    so when you say during the process would that be during the phone call or after soz if i sound a bit thick.
    Many Thanks.
    Gaz
  • Gaz1 wrote: »
    Before i go on i just want to thank everyone for all your help and advice it is much appreciated.
    so when you say during the process would that be during the phone call or after soz if i sound a bit thick.
    Many Thanks.
    Gaz

You should've already completed the SOA when doing the application, the case officer will go through it a bit during the phone call and then get back to you, that's what happened to me.
  • Gaz1
    You should've already completed the SOA when doing the application, the case officer will go through it a bit during the phone call and then get back to you, that's what happened to me.

oh right so ive already done it ok then thank you.
  • Gaz1
    does anyone know how long we are under the ORs umbrella for from start to finish, obviously from the date our bankruptcy application is accepted but for how long after we are discharged
    thanks Gaz
  • haggis0073
    haggis0073 Posts: 160 Forumite
    once discharged then thats it, so usually 12 months after the BR date you will get discharged, unless under a BRO/BRU

Also the OR can only impose a IPA/IPO within that 12 months, after which you can earn what you like
  • Gaz1
    lol im abit lost or thick whats a BRO/BRU
  • LaLaLa34
    LaLaLa34 Posts: 29 Forumite
    If you've acted over irresponsibly or dishonestly, eg using large amounts of credit while being insolvent OR not communicating with the official receiver they can impose a BRU/BRO. You would still be discharged after 12 months as normal but the restrictions of bankruptcy can imposed. Usually they are 3 to 4 years, if you've been really naughty then it can run for up to 15 years. Tbh looking through BRU/BRO orders, 6 years and above are for people who have acted fairly dishonestly eg hiding assets from the OR.
  • Gaz1
    Do you mean obtaining credit whilst BR or going silly with credit before BR and hiding like cars and large amounts of money and stuff like that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure