Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Deja_Vu wrote: »
    Sounds an awful day kathrynha, take care of yourself xxx

Echoed by me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening all
    Had a steroid jab in my shoulder today. The dam thing hurts more now than it did before :D yesterday wore me out I think- took it easy today. I’m going away tomorrow so trying to conserve energy (and cash :D) for then. I have a carefully planned shopping trip- I need vests, leggings, more jeans and underwear. I cleared out about 90% of my t-shirts yesterday- the result was empty drawers but of the remaining 10-12 of them at least they all fit. I’ve also got rid of the majority of my remaining size 22 jeans although it was embarrassing when I went to the docs this morning- I had a pair of size 22 jeggings on (I love them so refuse to get rid of them but they’re miles too big :D) with a pair of leggings underneath and the doctor said to me ‘how many layers do you need, it’s not that cold’ :D had to explain I’ve lost 2 stone 3.5lbs and so my clothes don’t fit me :

Today’s menu (SP day 2)
    B: HEXB HiFi bars, 2 apples, decaf coffee with part HEXA s/s
    L: Speedy ‘Heinz’ soup, HEXB wholemeal roll, 1 syn for spread. Arla Protein strawberry quark (1.5) with a Bournville Highlights (2) and fresh rasps, HEXA 500ml Alpro coconut Original drink
    T: Oriental salmon, butternut squash chips, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli (2 syns for oil) Fab lolly (4 syns) Vimto Zero fizzy
    S: Chicken (no skin) with a bit of salad. Quavers (4.5) Highlights Bournville (2)
    Syns: 16
    Sorry to hear your news Kathrynha. Take care of you xx
    Love to you all xxx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Deja_Vu
    Deja_Vu Posts: 39 Forumite
    I hate my clothes at the moment. I'm at that awkward between sizes phase where the current jeans are hanging off looking like a tramp and but the smaller ones are in danger of popping the zip if I'm caught out by a surprise sneeze.
    I'm thinking of changing to dresses with leggings, is that still a thing? I've never been into fashion but like the idea as it might be easier to shop for and alter as I don't really want to have to keep buying clothes that hopefully won't fit for too long.

Didn't fancy cooking tonight so thought I'd have the tin of lidl soup that's been lurking in the cupboard. Have to say it was much nicer than than the big brand but feel a bit miffed that it was 12 syns for the tin + the 16 syns for 2 slices of toast and smidge of butter which makes it work out more than a takeaway. I understand the sugars in it and not a third speed blah blah blah but I seriously doubt a tin of soup is going to do more damage than a chinese so I'm not going to count it. I've got my stroppy head on!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Had a steroid jab in my shoulder today. The dam thing hurts more now than it did before :D

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the medical profession like to cause pain to patients :mad:
    Make sure you rest if you need to.
    Deja_Vu wrote: »
    I'm thinking of changing to dresses with leggings, is that still a thing? I've never been into fashion but like the idea as it might be easier to shop for and alter as I don't really want to have to keep buying clothes that hopefully won't fit for too long.

Dresses and leggings are definitely an okay look. If you can find a dress with a tie at the waist, or that would look good with a belt, it will give you a good shape, and you can keep it fitting you longer and better with no effort at all.
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all :D
    I know no speed but after the week i have had cooking i thought booger it:rotfl::rotfl: Diet what diet?:p pie was steak , onion and mushroom
    bargains_001.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    I wear a lot of Mudd & Water tunics with either jeans, jeggings or leggings.
    They are just fab & I get a lot of compliments.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Kathryn, i had to drink something like that when i was tested for diabetes, and not leave the surgery for 2 hrs!! then have another blood test
    Hope you soon get sorted xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Evening everyone, lovely to see some great losses!

Commiserations to everyone who has gained or not lost what they hoped for!

Kathrynha, thank-you for the chart. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. :(

I'm reporting a 3lb loss this week.

Good luck for the week ahead everyone. :)
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    bubbs~~tea look good as ever :)

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Great loss Jay11 :j :j :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure