Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Oh my - that woman... Hope it went as okay as it can with her...

Wine was required!

She had the audacity to say that my dad couldn't come for lunch next Sunday because he had to pick her up from the airport :mad:
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • muddywhitechicken
    muddywhitechicken Posts: 3,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 November 2017 at 10:36PM
    Options
    1. Go to the gym a minimum of 20 times before 10 December.
    No [4/20]
    2. Follow the WW plan properly in November and at least 5x/week in December.
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [7/32]
    3. Reduce caffeine intake - maximum 1 coffee/day.
    Yes, 1 nespresso today [7/32]
    4. Drink 1.5 L water/day (including weekends).
    1.5 L again today [7/32]
    5. No late nights in November.
    No later than 10.00 pm tonight [7/32]
    6. No watching rubbish made-for-TV Christmas movies when I'm home alone midweek (I have identified this as a trigger for binge eating ). Go for a walk instead!
    No rubbish TV, we're watching Blue Planet II [7/32]
    7. Make a real effort to get to work early or on-time every day (my current punctuality is appalling)
    N/A [5/24]
    8. Meal plan from larder/freezer/garden in November. Only buy milk, yogurt, bread, fruit & vegetables.
    LO hula pork from the freezer with pineapple/cashew/coconut brown rice salad & roasted red peppers for dinner [4/32]
    9. No unnecessary spending!
    No spending at all... we were going to go to a local fireworks display (£7/each) but decided to watch it from the bedroom window instead. It was really good which makes me feel even worse (it was for charity). I will buy some more items for my Christmas foodbank donation to appease my guilt. [4/32]

It was a lovely sunny day here; unfortunately, after our guests had left, I only had time to go out and clean the chicken coop and protect my raised beds from the frost that is forecast.
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    £60 JL vouchers (from CC) received today :T
    Added to our Frugal January Fund (along with £104.22 Nectar points, £20 M&S, £39 L2S (+£10 due), £5 Morrisons, £1.50 Tesco & the contents of the loose change pot)

Yes [5/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [8/32]
    Yes [8/32]
    2 L today [8/32]
    No later than 10.00 pm tonight [8/32]
    6. No watching rubbish made-for-TV Christmas movies when I'm home alone midweek (I have identified this as a trigger for binge eating ). Go for a walk instead!
    No rubbish TV [8/32]
    7. Make a real effort to get to work early or on-time every day (my current punctuality is appalling)
    On-time today [6/24]
    8. Meal plan from larder/freezer/garden in November. Only buy milk, yogurt, bread, fruit & vegetables.
    HFW's roast cauliflower, almonds & barley with parsley & chilli :drool: [5/32]
    NSD [5/32]
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Pension meeting at work today - they are changing our pension investments at the start of next year to a fund with higher (but not high) charges AND they're charging us for the transfer :mad: The paperwork states that the new fund has an active management style. When I asked them to clarify how actively it was managed I got the following answer: "The XXX Fund is largely passively managed which helps to keep costs low. An element of XXX is actively managed on a "light touch" basis with an annual review." That's not actively managed at all then :mad: It's now time to seriously think about self-managing (something I was hoping to avoid) :eek:

Yes [6/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [9/32]
    Yes [9/32]
    1.5 L today (just and I will probably need to get up twice in the night now as I've just drunk the last 250 mL :rotfl:) [9/32]
    No later than 10.00 pm tonight [9/32]
    No TV at all, phoned my aunt in Canada instead [9/32]
    On-time today even in Tuesday morning traffic (worst day of the week) [7/24]
    Roast chicken (2 small thighs from the freezer), roast BNS (from the squash stash in my vegetable drawer) & salad from the garden (now at £2.11/bag) [6/32]
    £36 spent on necessary car maintenance [6/32]
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    I've signed up for the new gym - £45/month from the end of January - and I've signed the DD mandate for the £500/month transfer to my S&S ISA :)

No [6/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [10/32]
    Yes [10/32]
    1.5 L today [10/32]
    No later than 9.45 pm tonight [10/32]
    No rubbish TV [10/32]
    On-time again today [8/24]
    Store cupboard tea - red lentil & cumin soup with pitta chips [7/32]
    NSD [7/32]
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Love your list mwc.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Thanks Wish

Roll on the weekend - my patience has been tried on several occasions this week... and it was nowhere to be found... I've been :mad: all week

Yes [7/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [11/32]
    Yes [11/32]
    2 L today [11/32]
    Planning on no later than 9 pm tonight [11/32]
    No TV [11/32]
    5 minutes late today - I left in plenty of time but traffic was dreadful [8/24]
    Smoked mackerel, parsnip & puy lentils with peppery salad leaves from the garden - the mackerel was an unnecessary purchase last weekend but we had everything else [8/32]
    Oops the temptation was too great and I pre-ordered the QVC Elemis TSV - in my defence, it was £150 of products for £50.91 incl. P&P and I will almost definitely get £50 from my dad for Christmas [7/32]

Now at £2.00/bag for our HG salad leaves :T
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I feel personally responsible for the traffic on your way to work, MWC. (Even though I catch the bus!)
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    I feel personally responsible for the traffic on your way to work, MWC. (Even though I catch the bus!)

:rotfl: thanks Apple!
    I think everyone decided to leave earlier than normal as a colleague arrived 30 minutes later than me and said that there was less congestion than normal :(
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Yes [8/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [12/32]
    Yes but already thinking about tomorrow's... free WR, Vietnamese or limited edition Nespresso? Decisions, decisions!
    [12/32]

2.5 L today [12/32]
    No later than 10 pm tonight. I'm not feeling the benefit yet. [12/32]
    Went for a DT massage this evening, watched a bit of the footie and HIGNFY [12/32]
    Back to being punctual today [9/24]
    Ham, egg & chips this evening - the ham was an unnecessary purchase last weekend, eggs from the garden, gifted potatoes from a neighbour's allotment [9/32]
    More not really necessary spending - 6 mixed squash to add to my squash stash and 4 melons is a bit OTT even if they were on offer. Bad MWC. [7/32]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family