Oofy omtimistic Octobers NSD challange.

Comments

• Yesterday was #3! :j

No spends at all. :money:
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Today was planned to be a NSD but then OH wanted some fruit and other bits, so shopping trip ensued. Having totally blown all chances of a NSD out of the water I then decided to go online and make some birthday present purchases which I would have done another time. You could say I have deferred today's NSD to another day. Tomorrow will definitely involve no spending whatsoever. Definitely. Absolutely. The purse will stay shut, the bank account locked down, the debit card put in a safe place guarded by fire-breathing dragons.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Hi!

I'm a bit late to the thread but I'd like to join you all anyway.

I'd like to set my goal for 15 NSD this month. I will start this from today until the end of the month and try to set/plan days where I know I'm going to spend so I don't spend on the others.

It's a bit tricky in some ways as I use my card for a lot of things of which are budgeted for i.e. my sons extra curricular activity so I won't include that as a spend. It's just for all the other added spends that aren't really required/necessary. I am going to aim to plan all other spends into one/two days across the week.

I'm hoping this will really help me with tracking my spending and being able to see where my money goes. It's more to do with the odd coffee here and there or unplanned spends that I haven't accounted for. I will try to plan my week in advance and set aside days where I don't want to spend, i.e. days at work. If I plan ahead and take food/drinks with me I shouldn't need to spend much. It's all about organisation for me and keeping myself accountable.

Now the big C is in the near distant future, I'm going to try allocate set days to do my shopping/buy gifts and keep them to a minimum. Hopefully my bank statements should show less outgoings if I stick to this and look a lot tidier then they currently do :rotfl:.

I'm going to sort through my purse now and leave a set amount in there for the week for any unexpected/unplanned spends, rather then put them onto my debit card. This way I can actually see what money I'm spending and where it is going. Whatever change is left over each week I will put into a money box and start again with a fresh float. Hopefully this should build up a tidy sum each month and I'll then either bank it or put towards other savings.

Overall I just want to minimise my spends each week and pay for things all on one day, rather then spreading them out. This should hopefully minimise wasted journeys and I can do it all in one go. Also, I'm the type of person to say yes to last minute plans and I want to stop this. I want to be more organised and save as much as possible in any way I can. It's only me who can do this, I just need to be more disciplined rather then fritter my money away.

I'll continue to update both of my diaries as I go along and will aim to post/update here at least 2/3 a week.

Here's to the challenge!

:beer:
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • So as I am beginning today, I am reporting this as a spend day. The boy went to an indoor climbing place which cost £13.95 and whilst there I had a coffee at £2.95. So all together it cost us £16.90 from our entertainment fund. I have a seperate bank account which I transfer a set amount into each month to cover things such as this. I start the month with £200 and any leftover is transferred towards other savings. I want to try and do more free days out/low cost activities so it won't always be like this. Some days out will be more spendier then others, especially when we have half term later on in the month. I just hope by seeing it written down it will give me a boost to cut back and save.

I have no other planned spends for today so that should be it. The boy had fun this morning and we are now spending the rest of the afternoon, chilling out before he goes to his ice skating show rehearsals.

I'm going to plan my next eight days ahead and hope I will be able to stick to it. Then each Sunday I'll review my current week and set the following weeks target.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • So here is my plan for the week ahead:

NSD = No spend day. SD= Spend day.

7/10: NSD. (Working)
    8/10: NSD. (Working)
    9/10: NSD. (Working)
    10/10: NSD. (Day off, no planned spends)
    11/10: SD. (Food shop/Dentist/Petrol etc)
    12/10: NSD. (A day off, no planned spends as all will be done previous day)
    13/10: SD. (My sisters wedding, hotel costs/drink costs/gifts etc)
    14/10: SD. (There maybe possible spends, we will see)

So I'm hoping to accumulate 5 NSD in the next 8 days. This should be doable with a lot of determination. I may even stretch things out a bit and or swap a couple of days around. I'm not planning much this next week as my sisters wedding is at the weekend, meaning this will be the spendiest, however my budgets will cover all costs. I just want a quiet week ahead after I finish work.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • 3rd NSD today :D have got a cough so was tempted to buy some cough medicine but decided just to have some tea and ice lollies to soothe my throat :)

Will be spending tomorrow need some diesel :)
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Nsd no 5 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Chocolatelover, don't waste your money on cough medicine. It has been proven that so-called cough medicines don't work. Honey and lemon is just as effective, coats the throat and soothes the irritating tickle. If you are bringing stuff up then your body is doing what it is designed to do.

Suggestions for coughs and colds - honey, lemon juice, pinch of dried ginger in a mug, top up with hot water, stir, add a slosh of rum or brandy.

Elderberry syrup - contains antioxidants that are effective against winter bugs. Take a spoonful every morning in autumn and winter, every 2-3 hours if you have a cold. Can be put in a mug with hot water as a soothing hot drink - take a mug of this with two paracetamol and save money on so-called "cold capsules".

Inhale steam from a bowl with eucalyptus oil added to clear the nasal passages.

In public places be aware that these germs are present on door handles and any hard surfaces, so wash your hands and don't touch your face or eyes. Avoid crowded public places if possible, there's always somebody spluttering and sneezing over everyone else.

Ok, lecture over.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Hey my second NSD today.
    Stayed in bed, did some invite designing for our wedding and just chilled today.
    Didn't get much sleep due to my back. it's getting better. finally but still a tad uncomfortable

i'll be moving £2 into my savings for every no spend day i have.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Yesterday was #4.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport