the hedgehog's balloons.

Comments

• So I've tentatively started my daily jobs list which I tend to abandon when the kids are off school as I never seem to get anything done. Already compiled a meal plan this week using stuff from the cupboards, freezer and allotment. Read on one of the forms somewhere that they shop from their cupboards etc first and then make a shopping list to stop them buying stuff they already have. I'm always forgetting what I need and always end up with duplicating food.Hoping this will enable me save some extra money to put towards the OP. Sorted out sweet sunday codes and got 2 free tickets:j. Bread maker is on. Texted MIL about having DD2 whilst I go to doctors tomorrow and she has invited her to stop for tea which means we can Spend sometime with DD1. DD1 back to school tomorrow and DD2 back on Wednesday. Although I enjoy spending time with them I'm glad they are going back this week as every time we went out they bicker:mad:, it got that bad that I decided we would cut down how much we went out. Which is a shame as there was lots of things I would of liked to do with them. Need to ring school regarding DD2 as we've decided she needs to move schools. The day is just too long for her she is out the house from 8am and is not back till 5pm, she is constantly exhausted which has increased the amount of behavioural problems we are dealing with. Its got to the stage its effecting not only her mental health but mine also. So hopefully due to the nature of the reason for the move I'm hoping we won't have an uphill battle. Sorry for the ramble just needed to get it off my chest. Need to focus on the positives. Time to get on with rest of the jobs on the list hope you all have a good day.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,668
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    All sounding very organised, cr! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Managed to get everything done on my list except i forgot to go to the train station to pick up a claim form for the delay yesterday. Been shopping with OH and managed to only:eek: spend £60 which for us is not alot. We've tried down branding several things, some have been a success:T and others will never darken our door again. We've managed to pay bank of mum an additional £280 which brings our final payment date to November 2019:j. Except for the squeaky cheese everything for tea was homegrown. T/C to DD2 school today to let them know we need to move her and they are going to look it what we need to do next. OH and I have agreed we need to cutback how much we are drinking as we've crept up to having a relaxing drink everyday:cool:. So we've decided to just have it at the weekend and special occasions. Wonder if watching bake off will fall into any of those. DD2 wants to do baking tomorrow so need to get up early to prepare the kitchen and dining room to make it as easy as possible. Potential for everywhere to be covered in flour.
    CR x
  • Motivation for today is pretty low, had a dreadful night sleep. DD2 wakes me every night round about the same time for the same things but generally I can get back to sleep but last night DD1 started talking very loudly in her sleep (this usually happens when she's stressed - starts 6th form today) not long after i got back into bed. So that put an end to sleep for several hours but I made the fatal mistake of going back to sleep about 6, so feel really tired. On a positive though I've decided in that time that I will attempt to make some reusable bags from the girls old t-shirts as mine are looking rough. The old ones can be used for bring produce from the allotment until they fall apart. Not alot on the list today, but soup already made using the glut of toms we had. Just need to pop to the allotment when DD2 goes to MIL to collect leeks to make leek and pot soup for me. I supposed to be going to my first WI meeting tonight but OH has alot of research he needs to do this week for his new job and I feel I should once again put what I want to do on hold to look after DD2 so he can do this, this is a regular thing in this household:mad:. My word I am living up to my username these days:eek:. Ok so the positive is ............. will get back to you on this one. Hope you have a good day.CR x
  • Sorry about poor nights sleep. Hope DD gets on OK at sixth form.

Also hope you get to WI meeting this evening ( although will that involve missing bake off?!) :D

Bexster :)
  • DD1 very tired. Didn't make it to WI as DD2 had a wobble about returning to school so needed lots of cuddles and reassurance that things will be ok. Cut my hair today using a tutorial off Pinterest it's very long with layers so even if I cocked it up you can't tell. Everything on the list completed so I'm happy. I off to Leicester tomorrow to support my gran whilst my auntie is away and until my dad arrives. Unfortunately I 'll spend more time in the car (up to 4 hours in total) than I will with her.
  • Visited a very upset granma yesterday, her youngest has spat their dummy out and said they never want to speak to her again. So spent most of my visit reassuring her that she was right to point out to him that it is her house and was entitled to say who came and who doesn't and that she was been taken advantage of and a particular person was not entitled to help themselves out of her cupboards etc without asking. Makes a change to my dad been the black sheep of the family because he won't toe the family line:rotfl:. Today I've been to the allotment and harvested apples, pears, spinach (now in a spinach and feta cheese frittare/fritarter/frittatar? cold omelette) and beetroot( cooked and ready to go on pizza). Just made the salted caramel ice-cream recommended by bexster, snuck a spoonful before it went in the freezer OMG soooo nice. Been into town to pay off holiday (less than a month to go) and swap a old style tenner (found in an old pair of jeans) for a new one. Meet an 82 year old lady in there who didn't mind talking to someone who looked and probably smelt like stig of the dump (went after the allotment). Told me all her about it was her son's 50 th birthday and she wanted to get him a crisp £50 note and she'd been to several banks and they didn't have crisp £50 notes.Was the highlight of my day as she made me smile. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing I always get random strangers telling me stuff. Anyway managed to clean the dining room just got the rest of the house to do. Right off to walk the dog since its stopped raining and before DD2 gets home.
    CR x
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    It's better frozen :rotfl:

Bexster :)
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 September 2018 at 11:17AM
    Bexster trying very hard to resist going to the freezer and trying some, but promised DD1 we would treat ourselves on Sunday as OH and DD2 are away this weekend. Been rushing around since 6 this morning loading OH bike, DD2 Trike ( it connects to OH bike, he does all the work and she sits there like lady muck) and off roading wheelchair into the car along with all the other stuff they want to take with them. Still need to raid the cupboards and freezer for their food but will do that closer to the time and pack her bedding. OH had booked today off but his new boss had forgot and booked him on a course , so I'm meeting him at DD2 school with my loaded up car and they can go on to the YHA . The weather forecast is not looking great for tomorrow on the trails but Sunday looks better. Just need to support DD1 to pack as she is off camping in the local national park with junior ranges. So I get about 36 hours of no children or OH.:j:j:j Arranged for mum to come for a sleepover tomorrow. We're into week 2 of looking at how to shop smarter and so far it appears to making a significant difference. However I am aware that it is been heavily subsidized by already full cupboard and freezer so feel I'm not getting a proper picture of how things are. So far though I've been able to knock about £30 off my weekly shopping bill. I'm not going to get my hopes up that it will stay like that though, but it does show its possible.
    CR x
  • checked overpayment calculator and our mortgage will hopefully be paid off by December 2034 rather than July 2036 if we OP by £50 a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback