Refund that makes my credit card go into credit?

Hi there,

I am expecting a refund on my credit card. I have just paid it off in full, so I'm wondering what would happen when the refund comes back. Will it get "bounced"?

Thanks

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    edited 12 December 2019 at 8:52PM
    No it will be applied to the credit card account and be deducted from the current debit balance of the credit card account. If the refund exceeds the current balance of the credit card account the account will have a credit balance in which case you can just spend the amount of the refund (recommended if the amount is relatively small) or else ask the credit card company to repay it to your bank account.
  • I had this a couple of weeks ago - I called them when it was in the positive balance ( I had an additional £800 so didn't want to spend it ) and they transferred it to my bank account the next day.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Shame you cant charge the same interest for the positive balance the same rate they charge you to borrow it....maybe leave the money in there for a month to see if the system glitches and pays interest rather than charges it....if it does I may buy a 110inch TV and settle it the next day then return the TV ;)
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    edited 15 December 2019 at 4:25AM
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    Shame you cant charge the same interest for the positive balance the same rate they charge you to borrow it....maybe leave the money in there for a month to see if the system glitches and pays interest rather than charges it....if it does I may buy a 110inch TV and settle it the next day then return the TV ;)

That would be nice
  • I haven't just repaid a vanquis card?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family