PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I'm usually happy keeping the house clean & tidy but have no ooomph at all just now and that's bothering me. But not enough to get me off the recliner to do anything about it :D
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I don't blame you all for wanting to sit all day. It's still freezing outside. I have been to town.

I bought about the 5th pair of slippers this winter. The ought to be too big 3-4 but they are so small they hurt a lot after only 5 mins on. Yes they are lovely and warm but I think I will have to have have size 5 - 6 or even bigger. I only take 2 1/2 AA shoes.

I have found another shop that sells good shoes from size 2 to 8 in womens shoes. He keeps the full range of widths too. It's a tiny little shop very dark and dingy. It probably has not changed since 1900. There are shoe boxes from floor to ceiling all round the walls and one old fashioned light bulb. I did not get my slippers there he only sells shoes. I think I may buy some from him.

I have bought two and a half kg of bacon. Nice lean good quality in a big pack. So I have a job for after tea split it all into portions and freeze it. I will get it out when we need it. Ds is pleased with it.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening Fencers :A.

Been absent, but checking in today for my tick in the register.

Hope all is well with you all x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I forgot I went to town with no cold. I returned with a streaming one, I used a full pocket pack of tissues and had to sniff all the way home. I hope this does not mean I have what you had karcher. I was only out for 2 hours.

This is the third cold this year already, plus the sore throat that lasted 2 weeks. Am I better off staying home reading?
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I forgot I went to town with no cold. I returned with a streaming one, I used a full pocket pack of tissues and had to sniff all the way home. I hope this does not mean I have what you had karcher. I was only out for 2 hours.

I hope not nm, there is a world of difference between flu and a cold as I'm sure you know?

I had 10 days in total off work and spent most of it in bed. I went back to work before I should have, but needs must.

A month or so on, I am still struggling but nowhere near as bad as I was during those 10 days and that is a huge blessing :)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    How are things at work Karcher? I was worried about you disappearing given things have been difficult.
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    greenbee wrote: »
    How are things at work Karcher? I was worried about you disappearing given things have been difficult.

Thank you greenbee for thinking of me.

I went back to work before I was really fit enough for that very reason.

Let's just say I was probably struggling to work needlessly as decisions had already been made :(

Absolutely gutted and hurt if I'm honest (I've put my all into this job) but for now it's a case of wait and see.
  • Nice to see you karcher, I was wondering where you were.

Well after not finding the fish and chip van yesterday we went for fish and chips today as CHS finished at 2.

It's been sunny for most of the day or at least bright enough to keep the solar power going, we've done nothing since we got home apart from planning our trip to Bath via the canal.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    karcher oh that doesn't sound good - pm if you want any support or help xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • I wonder if Avon skin so soft will help my hands and feet? They go bright red and feel really sore. I can't pick things up and I can't walk when it's bad.

When I read this I immediately thought of Reynard's syndrome, my mum has it and it's bloomin awful, so painful.. Or is it a side effect from your treatment? (I'm sure you mentioned chemo.. apologies if not you:o)
    Chamomile tea baths are a favourite in this house, helps soothe many skin issues, that along with porridge oat baths and coconut oil as a moisturiser..
    Hoping it doesn't happen often & that when it does that occur it's quick to disist!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills