edited 23 October 2014 at 12:47PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Flow Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• JSR
    JSR Posts: 187 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2013 at 9:02PM
    Options
    I'm in the process of switching my gas to Flow Energy from nPower. I submitted the application online (24/4) and got a confirmation email immediately. Two days later (26/4) I got another email giving a provisional switch date and details of tariff and direct debit. The email did say they would tell the me the exact switch date "very soon" but two weeks later I still don't have that information. I didn't get the 'sorry your leaving' email from nPower until May 3rd (which is only 1 working day ago) so I'm guessing the delay is on nPower's side not Flow's.

Update: 30/5/2013

I got confirmation of my switch date a few days after posting the above.

The transfer went through on May the 24th and I got an email in the early hours to confirm it. The night of the 23rd I emailed in my opening read and asked when the on line service would be available as currently everything has to be done by email or phone. I got a reply the following morning to say that it would be available within a 'few weeks'. So a nice speedy response from customer services.

It looks like they have had a problem with notification times for setting up direct debits. Not sure if it was specific to me or a more general problem. I was originally told that my first direct debit payment would be collected on the transfer date (in the first confirmation email). Later I got an email saying there would be a delay and it would be collected on May 27th or soon after. Finally I got another email saying I hadn't been given sufficient notice and that first collection will now be made on June 24th. Not sure how this fits into their pay in advance system as this delay effectively means I will pay in arrears. That's okay by me but probably does mean I need to watch out for 'corrections'.
  • dutchie
    dutchie Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2013 at 12:07AM
    Options
    I've also just initiated a switch today to Flow, from Eon. Decided bad feedback for Spark was not worth the risk, so went with Flow instead.

Will report back later how it goes. Got confirmation email immediately.

16/05 Received welcome letter by email. It explains the switching process and estimates the switch will happen on 13/06.

24/05 Received email confirmation that 13/06 will be switching day, and that on that day I should provide meter reading by phone or email. .
  • ThriftyLill
    Options
    I went through the on-line process to change and my bank account details were not accepted even though correct. I rang and was told someone would call me back - they didn't. I have now been told that my electricity usage is too high for them to supply and they are not able to provide any reason as to why they don't want my business.
    Overall I have probably wasted a couple of hours with them getting no where. Not recommended!
  • lsmt971
    lsmt971 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went through the on-line process to change and my bank account details were not accepted even though correct. I rang and was told someone would call me back - they didn't. I have now been told that my electricity usage is too high for them to supply and they are not able to provide any reason as to why they don't want my business.
    Overall I have probably wasted a couple of hours with them getting no where. Not recommended!

Hi, can I ask what your usage is. I know it shouldn't matter but I've been thinking of switching to these for the last week.

Thanks
  • scofra
    scofra Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2013 at 11:18AM
    Options
    29/05 Switch initiated via Simply Switch (qualifying for £40 cashback!). Will update on progress.

07/06: Still no confirmation of switch from Flow energy. After 2 emails and 1 phone call to Flow: got email back on 06/06 explaining there are delays on accounts coming from Simply Switch. Had emailed Simply Switch on 05/06 to check on their side: will wait till end of today (48h) and see if I get a response.

14/06: email received from Flow energy with expected switching date 20/07. Seems a bit long...
    Still no response from Simply Switch about delay in passing information (doesn't matter any more, but will have to keep an eye on cashback being processed).

03/07: email confirmation from Flowenergy about switching date (July 20) for Electricity. No date for Gas switch yet.

12/09: Due to an unrelated problem with npower, Gas supply should eventually switch to flow energy on Sept 16.
    From having to deal with flow customer services a few times: they seem good at updating with automatic official letters (re: switch date, D/D instructions etc...). However, not so good at replying to emails on specific problems, or calling back- although they were the ones who suggested calling back...
  • silks_2
    silks_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Please be aware that Flow Energy are NOT members of the Warm Home Discount yet so if you are on a low income or disabled, please bear this in mind. I wanted to change to Flow but this has put me off as I would have lost around £124.00 from the Warm Home Discount per year.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    silks wrote: »
    Please be aware that Flow Energy are NOT members of the Warm Home Discount yet so if you are on a low income or disabled, please bear this in mind. I wanted to change to Flow but this has put me off as I would have lost around £124.00 from the Warm Home Discount per year.

You won't find many suppliers outside of the "Big 6" (or those supplying under a Big 6 supply licence) that support the Warm Home Discount scheme.

I think First Utility may do (but I can't see anything on their own website to confirm this) and I believe the other small supplier we cannot mention here may do so ... and that's about it.
  • silks_2
    silks_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I tried to include a link in my previous post but since I haven't posted enough, it wouldn't let me. I have copied and pasted the current members from the Warm Home website:

Energy suppliers
    The following suppliers are part of the scheme:

Atlantic
    British Gas
    EDF Energy
    E.ON
    Equipower (Ebico)
    Equigas (Ebico)
    First Utility
    Manweb - see ScottishPower
    M&S Energy
    npower
    Sainsbury’s Energy
    Scottish Gas - see British Gas
    Scottish Hydro
    ScottishPower
    Southern Electric
    SSE
    SWALEC
    Utility Warehouse (PDF, 64KB)
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    silks wrote: »
    I tried to include a link in my previous post but since I haven't posted enough, it wouldn't let me. I have copied and pasted the current members from the Warm Home website:

Energy suppliers
    The following suppliers are part of the scheme:

Atlantic
    British Gas
    EDF Energy
    E.ON
    Equipower (Ebico)
    Equigas (Ebico)
    First Utility
    Manweb - see ScottishPower
    M&S Energy
    npower
    Sainsbury’s Energy
    Scottish Gas - see British Gas
    Scottish Hydro
    ScottishPower
    Southern Electric
    SSE
    SWALEC
    Utility Warehouse (PDF, 64KB)

Yep, just as I thought ... and posted. The Big 6 and just a couple of minnows.
    Can you find any evidence on the FU website that confirms they support?
  • flagstones
    flagstones Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was thinking about switching to Flow but when I asked them, they said they don't support the Feed in Tariff - we have solar panels.

Would be great to have a bit more info in the comparisons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure