Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Comments

• Why? I've contacted you directly by email about every single one of those issues and you've never bothered to resolve any of them which is why I left you after a year. Exactly why do you think I am going to give you a chance to resolve anything now? It's quite obvious that Flow are incapable of resolving problems or simply can't be bothered. The last time was only a couple of weeks ago when Flow were claiming that they didn't have figures from new supplier, I now know that is likely to be untrue.

I want my final bill and to never hear from Flow again, though, based on what I've read on here I suspect all I'll get is another letter threatening bailiffs for a lack of payment, despite the fact that I'm logging into my account every single day and it's saying that my balance is £0.00.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Why? I've contacted you directly by email about every single one of those issues and you've never bothered to resolve any of them which is why I left you after a year. Exactly why do you think I am going to give you a chance to resolve anything now? It's quite obvious that Flow are incapable of resolving problems or simply can't be bothered. The last time was only a couple of weeks ago when Flow were claiming that they didn't have figures from new supplier, I now know that is likely to be untrue.

I want my final bill and to never hear from Flow again, though, based on what I've read on here I suspect all I'll get is another letter threatening bailiffs for a lack of payment, despite the fact that I'm logging into my account every single day and it's saying that my balance is £0.00.

Hello,

We apologise you feel this way.

Unfortunately, as we do not have a private message function on here I am unable to assist you with this.

If you do not want to email us, please can I kindly request that you either call our Customer Services team or contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help Twitter.

We would like to resolve this with you as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • I've been a Flow customer for a two years. For the
    past year I've been paying £34 per month on a direct debit for electricity only, the year before I was paying £31/month. I use 3653 KWH per year and I submit readings every month - my usage has reduced a bit because I switched all my lights to LEDs and no longer use the tumble dryer. To be fair, I've been happy with Flow until my renewal letter came.
    I expected an increase of about 5-6% in line with newspaper reports of electricity prices rises. Imagine my surprise when the increase was 60%!! Obviously I spoke to Flow and a very nice lady agreed that the price rise seemed very high but 'prices have gone up a lot". In effect I had no choice.
    My best switching option is £41.50 per month which is still a significant increase but they have you by the gonads don't they.
  • I've been a Flow customer for a two years. For the
    past year I've been paying £34 per month on a direct debit for electricity only, the year before I was paying £31/month. I use 3653 KWH per year and I submit readings every month - my usage has reduced a bit because I switched all my lights to LEDs and no longer use the tumble dryer. To be fair, I've been happy with Flow until my renewal letter came.
    I expected an increase of about 5-6% in line with newspaper reports of electricity prices rises. Imagine my surprise when the increase was 60%!! Obviously I spoke to Flow and a very nice lady agreed that the price rise seemed very high but 'prices have gone up a lot". In effect I had no choice.
    My best switching option is £41.50 per month which is still a significant increase but they have you by the gonads don't they.

Despite no longer being a customer and still waiting for my final bill from them, they've sent me a letter saying that my tariff is going up. They're saying that wholesale energy prices have gone up by 32% since April 2017, bit harsh if your tariff has gone up 60%. The letter that they've sent me says they would be putting up my tariffs by an average of 7% as I had both gas and electricity.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Despite no longer being a customer and still waiting for my final bill from them, they've sent me a letter saying that my tariff is going up. They're saying that wholesale energy prices have gone up by 32% since April 2017, bit harsh if your tariff has gone up 60%. The letter that they've sent me says they would be putting up my tariffs by an average of 7% as I had both gas and electricity.

Hello,

Due to an increase in our cost of buying wholesale energy, it is with regret it is now necessary for us to increase our electricity charges by an average of 6.8% and our gas charges by an average of 7.1%. Since April 2017 we have seen wholesale power prices increase by 32%.

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

Warm regards,

The Flow team
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • I've recently reviewed my Tariff and used MSE to compare them with other suppliers. I noticed they've been charging me the same Economy 7 rate for my night time use as my day time use for one whole year. How do they get this so wrong? Do they add the tariffs manually to each customers account or what? I estimate I've been overcharged £35.

I've also had problems getting through to them, getting cut off twice. Last year I also found they weren't taking my meter readings that I was entering, firstly claiming not to have received them...but a few minutes later saying, oh I found them. Trouble is they put over-estimated readings on my statement.

I'm leaving them now and should save £97 with Ebico. Hoping for better.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    MikeyHM wrote: »
    I've recently reviewed my Tariff and used MSE to compare them with other suppliers. I noticed they've been charging me the same Economy 7 rate for my night time use as my day time use for one whole year. How do they get this so wrong? Do they add the tariffs manually to each customers account or what? I estimate I've been overcharged £35.

I've also had problems getting through to them, getting cut off twice. Last year I also found they weren't taking my meter readings that I was entering, firstly claiming not to have received them...but a few minutes later saying, oh I found them. Trouble is they put over-estimated readings on my statement.

I'm leaving them now and should save £97 with Ebico. Hoping for better.

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the service that you have received and would like to resolve this with you at your earliest convenience.

Please can I kindly request that you provide us with your Flow energy account number via Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Services team (as we do not have a private message function on here) if you would like us to look into this for you.

We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

Or email:
    [EMAIL="help@flowenergy.uk.com"]help@flowenergy.uk.com[/EMAIL]

Warm regards,
    The Flow team
  • We are with Flow Energy but will leave them at the end of September. They phoned us on 8th August to discuss this, and presumably sell us something else. It wasn't a convenient time.
    Flow then phoned us on 13th August. My wife said she did didn't want to discuss matters on the phone and would they send her an email. The female Flow employee suggested my wife (a retired head teacher) might not understand an email. After this Flow phoned us a further 19 times (making a total of 20 calls in 38 minutes). My wife repeatedly asked Flow to stop but the calls kept coming, causing my wife considerable distress. We regarded this as extreme harassment. We eventually got the calls stopped by contacting a different office at Flow. Flow have sent us a bunch of flowers. We didn't want or need a bunch of flowers and see this as a kind of blackmail. Flow claim there was a technical hitch in their system. We feel financial compensation would be appropriate. Any thoughts out there?
  • Your not alone.

I'm also leaving flow, I had weeks of daily (Mon-Fri) missed calls from, with no message left on the answer phone. I think it must have been flow calling but I don't have 1471 or caller-id. The first day I was home on a weekday, flow called.

A relative is also now leaving flow, they also had lots of missed calls from a Ipswich number, which I guess was flow also.

What annoyed us most was that they didn't leave a message on the answer phone.

The asked if I wanted to accept one of the offered tariffs, they had emailed about. They seemed generally flabagasted when I said no, and told them I had checked the market and would be switching to a cheaper supplier.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    We are with Flow Energy but will leave them at the end of September. They phoned us on 8th August to discuss this, and presumably sell us something else. It wasn't a convenient time.
    Flow then phoned us on 13th August. My wife said she did didn't want to discuss matters on the phone and would they send her an email. The female Flow employee suggested my wife (a retired head teacher) might not understand an email. After this Flow phoned us a further 19 times (making a total of 20 calls in 38 minutes). My wife repeatedly asked Flow to stop but the calls kept coming, causing my wife considerable distress. We regarded this as extreme harassment. We eventually got the calls stopped by contacting a different office at Flow. Flow have sent us a bunch of flowers. We didn't want or need a bunch of flowers and see this as a kind of blackmail. Flow claim there was a technical hitch in their system. We feel financial compensation would be appropriate. Any thoughts out there?

Hello Jim,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received and we would like resolve this with you at your earliest convenience.

Would you be kind enough to provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct message
    https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

The Flow team
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure