NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ha! Ordered a card reader on Saturday.
    Just tried to move some money out- 'Sorry' need more security and you need a card reader. Would you like to order one?
    Have ordered one already- but maybe system knows it has been the weekend and it could not possibly have arrived!
    It doesn't know that I have a Nationwide one.......
    Still banking by the penny numbers or dot-to-dot method!!

So wouldn't let me set up a payee- mutter mutter
    :wall:

"it will be worth £125, it will be worth £125, ad nauseam........!!!"
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Have ordered one already- but maybe system knows it has been the weekend and it could not possibly have arrived!
    You (normally) have to wait two to three days... maybe later today or tomorrow....
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73705644#post73705644
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    EachPenny wrote: »
    You (normally) have to wait two to three days... maybe later today or tomorrow....
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73705644#post73705644

Well judging by the speed of post it would be more realistic to be... a week!
    Clearly I am just over eager!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Katiehound wrote: »
    Just tried to move some money out- 'Sorry' need more security and you need a card reader. Would you like to order one?

Make sure you did actually order one and confirm it. The site is not well set up in that it tells you that you need to order one, but then just sends you back to the homepage, without ordering one.
    I reckon they update the system to say it's been posted. Once that happens your free to register any card reader.

Just as well, really. Think I ordered mine over a week ago, and it still hasn't turned up.
  • Katiehound wrote: »
    Whatever you want! Money being switched in counts (I have been assured)- as long as it has been by the deadline.....
    You're making it more complicated than it is.

If you had to credit the £1,500 before the switch took place the incentive T&Cs would very clearly say so.

If you had to wait until after the switch had completed before paying in £1,500 the incentive T&Cs would clearly say so.

The incentive T&Cs say neither of those things. They simply say to pay in £1,500 before 16th March.

So pay it in tonight, next Sunday, a week on Friday, or wait until the 15th March. Take your pick.

Thanks. I was just making it more complicated than it needed to be, I was saying to myself surely it can’t just be that easy as they don’t even require DD
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,803
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just received the card reader yesterday.
    It looks exactly the same design with the one I got from Ulster Bank previously.
  • adindas wrote: »
    Just received the card reader yesterday.
    It looks exactly the same design with the one I got from Ulster Bank previously.

Not surprising, given they are the same company.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,105
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

Well judging by the speed of post it would be more realistic to be... a week!
    Clearly I am just over eager!

Oh dear, you've clearly forgotten my advice

"Keep repeating this mantra

Free £125 ohhhmmm Free £125 ohhhmmm Free £125 ohhhmmm

and breathe" :rotfl:
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,404
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Applied online yesterday. Got message on the site to say I'd been accepted. Did the ID checks. Set up switching and got to the end of the process. Expected a confirmation email, but received nothing 24 hours later. Is that normal with these?
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,404
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Small update. Just got email and text asking me to upload ID even though I'd done the checks online yesterday and the switch had supposedly started with completion for 6th Feb. Uploaded that and electronically signed for account. Will see what happens next. Never had to do that for an account before!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure