Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tempus really is fugitting!
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 8 February 2018 at 4:58PM
    i applied for the select account yesterday (wednesday), appoved online in minutes, downloaded the app today (thursday), got the activation code by text, activated account, deposited £1500 all done and dusted in 2 days,
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    badger09 wrote: »
    Am I reading this properly?

You've tried to empty your 'switch' account completely

Your 'switch' account has no DDs or SOs set up on it

!!!!!! roxy28, what exactly were you expecting NatWest to switch?:cool:

Not so sure everyone who switches has dd or so's setup, some say they are using old accounts hardly used in these bank witches.
    :T
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,404
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My account had no direct debits or SOs. It had 63p in and I got text and email today saying switch complete and my 63p is there.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Not so sure everyone who switches has dd or so's setup, some say they are using old accounts hardly used in these bank witches.
    You're not comparing like for like. They're switching 'something'. You are not! My father has no standing orders on his current account, and only one direct debit. But, crucially he has a c.£3K balance. He would appear to NatWest to be a genuine switcher. You are not*.

I did wonder (based on your other post asking whether they stored your passport/signature or destroyed it after checking it) if there was an element of paranoia to your decision to also extract every last penny before initiating the switch? Is there? What other reasonable excuse could there be?

* Here's a scenario for you...you switch nothing, credit £1,500, withdraw £1,500, sit back for 8 weeks, and then there's a genuine oversight on their part (lets say a computer glitch) and your £125 isn't paid by 13th April. You ring up asking where it is. That would be an awkward conversation wouldn't it?
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Ah. So it's the fact that it's a scan that is the issue? Why don't they just say this? I thought I was being more helpful by scanning it. And the example image they give is clearly not a photo. A scan is much better than a photo though so I'm baffled by this...

Yes a scan is better quality. I pointed this out to them and they said that they couldn't always see the details on a scan. I questioned this and pointed out that the scan I had sent them was razor sharp. They had no response. Clearly some idiot has come up with this rule.
    18cc wrote: »
    If it's a .jpg file how on earth could they tell if it's been taken by a scanner or a camera?

You'd think that, but they can tell from the border around the document.
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,712
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They accepted a scan from me... :dance:
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Hazzanet wrote: »
    They accepted a scan from me... :dance:

I'm not surprised. They are so chaotic in every other aspect of the account switching, why should this rule be any more rigidly applied?

Glad to hear you haven't had problems.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    roxy28 wrote: »

I like it bank witches!- yes, I realise it is a typo, but some of the banks do cast their evil charms over us!

I might not be switching DDs but I am switching a SO and a balance of around £500.
    When I am switching I 'groom' that account so that it looks reasonable and has some activity and a balance.... after all I want that nice little welcome handshake.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    stehouk wrote: »
    i applied for the select account yesterday (wednesday), appoved online in minutes, downloaded the app today (thursday), got the activation code by text, activated account, deposited £1500 all done and dusted in 2 days,

Fine for some
    Please don't gloat!!
    :shhh:
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure