Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Imagine the insurance needed on a Faberge egg :D they are beautiful. Have you ever been to Russia Jwil? (Now is probably not the best time to go :rotfl:)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Imagine the insurance needed on a Faberge egg :D they are beautiful. Have you ever been to Russia Jwil? (Now is probably not the best time to go :rotfl:)

No, I would LOVE to go someday. Probably not in the immediate future :D. I have thought about learning the language though.

I've just googled Faberge. They've made a range of Faberge egg lockets and charms. They are stunning! (And stunningly priced - £6k ish for a locket, £3k ish for a charm :eek: ). I suggested to DH he might like to buy me one, he didn't seem overly impressed :rotfl: At least I'd only need to win the 'normal' lottery to buy one, no need for the mega win :beer:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's a bit cheaper than I thought, keep doing the lottery :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Options
    Today's pads:

£1.87 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to debt savings
    £0.66 to em savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,172 - £1148 paid :T
  • jwil
    Options
    That's a bit cheaper than I thought, keep doing the lottery :rotfl:

Yes, more manageable, but a lot smaller!
  • jwil
    Options
    Well it's grey and murky out there, but still dry at the moment, so we're going to have a mooch around the car boot. The kids are off to a party later so not much going to be achieved today.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely day :D

Your numbers are all looking great :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    The mortgage is rounding down the account - interest is added daily, so I check my balance each time I'm doing a PAD and round it down. My interest is currently £6.87 a day, so I round down the £1.87 as I can't afford to do the whole interest amount (I'd love to though!). It obviously varies a bit if I've missed a day or two.

Then I look at what I've got left available to PAD, generally rounding my bank account down to the nearest £5. I send whole £s over to the debt savings, and then the odd £ and pence to the emergency savings. :)

Hi lindez, thanks for popping in :D Do stay around. Do you have a diary?
    Hi jwil no I don't have a diary, I have not long joined the forums. I recently semi-retired going from full time to three days per week. Though I have cc debts that I need to get rid of, so your posts have been really helpful. I have never completed a spreadsheet before and I have just this month completed one and I have never realised how much money I spend. (the bank of mum mostly lol) so this has to stop. I am 59 still have a mortgage, cc debts so I need to make a start.
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • jwil
    Options
    Have a lovely day :D

Your numbers are all looking great :D

x

Thank you WF :)
    lindez wrote: »
    Hi jwil no I don't have a diary, I have not long joined the forums. I recently semi-retired going from full time to three days per week. Though I have cc debts that I need to get rid of, so your posts have been really helpful. I have never completed a spreadsheet before and I have just this month completed one and I have never realised how much money I spend. (the bank of mum mostly lol) so this has to stop. I am 59 still have a mortgage, cc debts so I need to make a start.

It's quite scary when it's all put down on paper isn't it! Well done on making a start, and remember that every little bit counts :T

Let me know if you do decide to start a diary. I find this very helpful for keeping me focussed and giving me somewhere to moan :o It's nice too to look back and see how far you've come.
  • jwil
    Options
    A few more parcels posted today. I've got one more bulky item to go tomorrow and one unpaid :mad: item which the case will close tomorrow so it doesn't look like they are going to pay.

DH has (finally!) been going through his listings and pulling off some long term stuff to send to car boot/charity and also revising some listings, and putting stuff into bulk. It will be nice to see the quantity going down a bit! He tends to have a set price he wants for something and leaves it on there forever, whereas I will reduce my price gradually to shift stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport