Boots - surely we have to walk on them and not fly?

Comments

• Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    http://www.shoezone.net/customerservices.html

In the unlikely event that any of our footwear is faulty we will always honour your statutory rights.
    In addition…..don't worry about changing your mind. Simply return your purchase within 28 days in its original condition with your receipt or other proof of purchase and we will exchange or refund your money.
    If you have no proof of purchase we will exchange up to the current value.
    If you would like to talk to someone at Shoe Zone please use our free call facility.

Alternatively call 0116 2223000 or email [EMAIL="info@shoezone.net"]info@shoezone.net[/EMAIL]
    We love to have feedback so please let us know what you think about our service.
    If you're unhappy, we'll do everything we can to sort things out. If you're happy we'll pass on the good news.
    Either way we really appreciate your feedback so we can keep on improving our service.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • Hailz86
    Hailz86 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Alcmene wrote: »
    phew am glad it's not just me thinking that! I wouldn't expect them to last forever but still...3 weeks????

Do you know if there is anything specific I should be saying in the letter?

If it helps I paid with my visa card. I cannot find the receipt for the item but I do have my Visa statement.

Iould just put what the problem is and why this is unacceptable and what you intend to do if problem not fixed to your satisfaction. send recorded and keep a copy.

xx
    2012 Wins - Danepak Fridge Magnet, £20 Just Eat Voucher, iTunes Song Download, Yellow Toaster and Kettle, Thorntons Bunny, 6 Months Gym Membership, £250 Multipower Products, 3 X Dalepak Vouchers, 10 minute sunbed session, Lucozade Sport, 2 X BMI Flights, Android Zeemote,
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

................. quality in relation to price paid is allowed

(My highlighting)

For £16.99 ???? You gets what you pays for !
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Cheap for boots, but even so. I get £10 trainers from them and they generally last about 6 months before they drop to bits. So still good value.

A friend of mine reckons that however much your shoes cost in pounds, that's how many times you should wear them at least. So for you it's 17 times!

Oh my, I better get out more then, some of my shoes have a lot of wearing to be done :rotfl:

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ha,ha,that's true,and I am not doubting the OP,yet how many times have I bought something off someone (like baby equipment) only to be told over the phone "we only used it for 3 months",to see it had been used an awful lot more once I went to see it.
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It's something shoe shops must get all the time.. I took a pair of shoes back once as a thread had came loose just at the edge of the leather. A little white 'tuft' had appeared and me thinking it was dust or something, went to brush it off and was actually a thread. So, took them back to the shop and before I hardly had the story out my mouth the girl was giving it 'fashion shoes, must have pulled on the leather, too much wear' bla bla bla. Her face was a picture when I pulled my receipt out to show I had got them 2 days before. :)

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • sassygirl_2
    sassygirl_2 Posts: 436 Forumite
    My daughter had exactly the same problem with the boots she bought from the same retailer! Wonder if theyre the same type? (hers are black boots that look like cowboy boots)

She paid £20 for hers and she paid with her birthday money. The heels came off after 7 days, but we couldnt find the receipt so couldnt take them back.

so we now have a pair of boots which cant be worn
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    "so we now have a pair of boots which cant be worn"

Can't you get them fixed?
  • Alcmene
    Alcmene Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I agree that £16.99 is cheap, however I liked them and therefore I bought them. I don't expect the same amount of wear out of them that I do out of the Kickers boots I paid £90 for, however, wearing them 3 times just for light everyday wear is absolutely ridiculous.
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Alcmene

Come on you know you want to ;)

Go & stand there until they refund .... you've had them 3 weeks, so they should last quite a bit longer than that ... even if they were £16.99!!!

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure