Which console?

Options

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Easy question (I hope) - when my Xbox 360 finally gives up the ghost, what should I replace it with?

I'm only an occasional gamer so I don't need the latest super-duper version but I'm thinking PS4 or Xbox One? More importantly, why?

Everyone I've asked who has an Xbox says stay with Xbox as it's familiar and it's backwards compatible but everyone who has a PS4 says it's more than just a console.

Ooh decisions, decisions.

Ive had both 1tb white xbox/ps4 consoles since sold though I'm slightly aging gamermid/late 40's

Call of duty 2019 is getting to me as is death stranding -if i find the patience to enjoy landscape walking.if it is xbox one release.

I found no graphics difference shifting from xboxone to ps4 -both non x/pro versions.
    I enjoy viewing standard versions fine when my 4K sony upscales hd.
    I prefer to think recent choices are xbox one-maybe digi version
    Alternatively wait until late 2020 for Scarlett or ps5
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • maryannlee
    Options
    I prefer Xbox, just my opinion
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Visited Lidl last night 1st time ever
    Their 123 pounds xbox one digi goes on sale next Fri from 8a.m.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Yet another missed return to either console over weekend.
    Think I'll re consider next gen when they arrive.
    Early thoughts are towards Scarlett as I did enjoy xbox one over ps4.
    Couldn't bring myself to purchase @123 if most digi games from store are +50-60 pounds.
    Plenty of time to reread lots of reviews during 2020,
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Held off since considering xbox Anaconda late 2020.
    Not sure if xbox digital is maybe worth for a quick shot of c.o.d. 2019 or continue with Mobile game.
    Happy to watch as costs have considerably dropped post cyber Monday which is nice to re consider.
  • Saving9
    Saving9 Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    PS5 will be launched next year. Just wait for it ,and then buy a ps4 pro for half the cost
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Saving9 wrote: »
    PS5 will be launched next year. Just wait for it ,and then buy a ps4 pro for half the cost

Thanks that's the general advice with Next Gen 2020

I am maybe still considering Xbox -x series.
    Thought this would be 1st console where the size and shape could put me off buying, swaying me to ps5 , I hope not as I'de be happy with next gen xBox.

Q1/2 next year are going to be home + Persistent debt rules to deal with.
    Q3/4 -let's hope I buy that's Next Gen Console.
  • ryanbest
    Options
    PS4 rules, I chose it
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Options
    ryanbest wrote: »
    PS4 rules, I chose it

Thanks for the in depth analysis ;-)

To anyone else out there as a PC/XBOX/PS4 owner here is the info you want to know.

PC. Cheapest to get the games when you can, expensive for a decent machine (relatively, a £1000 PC will do much better than consoles and you can spend a lot lot lot more).

Xbox. Well there are no more (FP) exclusives, so PC wins again. (and hey with a PC at least you get decent controls if you like them sort of games!).

PS4. Well there you go, you get exclusives finally! (though sony have said they will indeed be bringing some to pc, but it depends on release I mean 6 months to a year is painful (I look at you ff7 reamke (not even FP)).

Also PS4 online store gets cheap. Like cheaper than bothering with disks. Not PC cheap, but near it. For xbox, avoid the digital as the store never gets cheap, and the old disks are.
  • Hovard
    Options
    Depends on what consoles your friends have, in order to play with them online
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure