Viagogo still in breach of court order, watchdog warns - MSE News

The competition watchdog has warned that secondary ticket seller Viagogo is still not compliant with a court order put in place to protect consumers, and says it is preparing legal action to find the firm in contempt...
Read the full story:
'Viagogo still in breach of court order, watchdog warns'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    How many more consumers need to be ripped off by this bunch before the CMA take meaningful action?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't see why these are allowed to operate yet you can't stand outside a venue buying and selling tickets. I really don't see the difference.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I just ask myself - why does anybody buy from them?

If their customer base deserted them they would have no business.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's a shame that groups like anonymous can't do some real good and take them offline.
    The man without a signature.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,214 Forumite

Possibly it's because the name Viagogo sounds familiar, even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

I really can't understand why politicians who appear to want to outlaw ticket touting don't just make it illegal to resell tickets at above their face value.
  • HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

I wish I knew - a Customer of mine has just bought 3 tickets at a cost of £500 because she thought Viagogo were the official seller.
    Tickets are still on general sale for about £25 each.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    martindow wrote: »
    Possibly it's because the name Viagogo sounds familiar, even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

I really can't understand why politicians who appear to want to outlaw ticket touting don't just make it illegal to resell tickets at above their face value.

It's not so much the resell price but the outrageous fees on top!
  • Karen195663
    Karen195663 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2019 at 3:18PM
    Is there a pressure group that is lobbying Parliament t9 get Viagogo closed down. Unfortunately I am one of their victims and am rather incensed that they are still operating. It is not clear on their site they are secondary ticketlers and for old people like me when you click on a seat you want that is what you think you are paying for. They are not complying with the court order ruling and keep changing their webpages slightly so you cannot go over their site to try to prove what you did. It is extraordinary they are allowed to continue to rip people off like they are

Does anyone who of any pressure group working towards shutting them down - I know the CMA is thinking of further court action

Thanks
  • I have just received 2 Michael buble tickets i ordered at the price of £269. I assumed these were good seats at that price but on receiving the tickets i realised the face value of each ticket was only £50. What a total rip off. This should be illegal.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,543 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Gazmorg65 wrote: »
    I have just received 2 Michael buble tickets i ordered at the price of £269. I assumed these were good seats at that price but on receiving the tickets i realised the face value of each ticket was only £50. What a total rip off. This should be illegal.
    they show you the face value of the tickets before you purchase - it is on the right hand side of the screen
    eg £203 for London £95 face value
    £186 for £85 face value
    £161 for £96 face value
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills