saving my future self from debt

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I used to do the emotional spending on my DS.
    Dont do it very much these days as I feel stronger about it now.
    He doesent expect it in any way but I still want too:o
    But for now I have to concentrate on me.
    Another 6 months & his Masters will be finished.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    I do like to read your posts - I learn a lot from them. Thank you for putting it down for the rest of us to read.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    I do like to read your posts - I learn a lot from them. Thank you for putting it down for the rest of us to read.

Agreed :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    This was how I got in debt after my divorce! I spent on my DC , holidays abroad , new clothes , £165 haircuts ! Etc .

We all have something we spend on emotionally, I think mine is now the grandchildren, although not to the same amounts as I can't afford it.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Indeed!

That made me laugh :)
    Goal:to save £16,000 by 30/09/2019 claw back rental costs
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou wrote: »
    I used to do the emotional spending on my DS.
    Dont do it very much these days as I feel stronger about it now.
    He doesent expect it in any way but I still want too:o
    But for now I have to concentrate on me.
    Another 6 months & his Masters will be finished.

I thought I wouldn't spend a penny on DS when he started uni in September last year - yeah, right. That went to plan - not!
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • I do like to read your posts - I learn a lot from them. Thank you for putting it down for the rest of us to read.

Thanks Apple Muncher. It's therapeutic to be able to write things down. Gotta be honest in my diary :)
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • This was how I got in debt after my divorce! I spent on my DC , holidays abroad , new clothes , £165 haircuts ! Etc .

We all have something we spend on emotionally, I think mine is now the grandchildren, although not to the same amounts as I can't afford it.

I never thought about the fact that it might transfer to spend on grandchildren :eek:
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • <creeps quietly into the room>

£165.00 Spent emotionally on DDs hair today

<creeps quietly out again>

I know, I know! I'm not going to defend my spend or justify the reasons behind it, instead I shall list the positives :)
    • It was £30 cheaper than last time!
    • It's an allocated spend - I have a pot for it :)
    • She only has it done every 3 months
    • I only have my hair cut twice a year £25 so it evens itself out - honestly

:o

PFTP x
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou
    To each their own :)
    I spend less than that in a year.
    8 quid for a wet cut & John Freida foam colour every couple of months.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure