IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Reasonably unfair?

Comments

• Nicksy1
    Nicksy1 Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 27 March 2018 at 6:35PM
    Appeal is what landowner's representative has suggested, whilst also telling our party today the staff car parks were all full from 10am leaving nowhere for other shift staff to park. He apologised repeatedly and said top level management wanted to crack down. Think they are beyond approach.

We are getting confused with all the info, some of what you've said here contradicts what we have read in the newbie thread.

Do we appeal before the 14 days or at day 26. If they send notice to keeper does that restart the discount period? Is rather pay the lower amount than full amount, but would rather pay nothing as not an inconsiderate or dangerous parker (from the company's website, which also quotes a lower five than the signage)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do i appeal before the 14 days or at day 26.

NEWBIES thread tells you when! And it tells you why NOT to look at the 14 days!

DO NOT add anything implying who parked. Use the template.
    If they send notice to keeper does that restart the discount period?
    No, it does not, and there is no discount worth looking at. We offer 100% discount!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Nicksy1 wrote: »
    Appeal is what landowner's representative has suggested, whilst also telling me today the staff car parks were all full from 10am leaving nowhere for other shift staff to park. He apologised repeatedly and said top level management wanted to crack down. Think they are beyond approach.

I do get confused with all the info, some of what you've said here contradicts what I have read in the newbie thread.

Do i appeal before the 14 days or at day 26. If they send notice to keeper does that restart the discount period? Is rather pay the lower amount than full amount, but would rather pay nothing as not an inconsiderate or dangerous parker (from the company's website, which also quotes a lower five than the signage)

You are making the mistake of thinking you are dealing with reasonable people if you think there is a discount.

We have seen many occasions where the mythical discount disappears for reasons best known to the ppc.

These people want your money and as much of it as they can get. That is all they exist to do. They are cash collection companies and will find strange ways to bump up what they say you owe.

Follow the advice in the Newbies thread and you pay nothing.
  • cgh01
    cgh01 Posts: 22 Forumite
    If there are other members of staff at this NHS site(C.C.C I believe?) suffering from "TPS" ticketing, direct them to here for advice .
    We do not want to see a repeat of the Cardiff hospital debacle, to many permits issued to staff for to few parking spaces ( and staff paying £15 to £20 a month for NO place to park).
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    bear in mind that the situation being described is TWO tickets being issued

one on a windscreen to a driver on the day

the other arrives or should arrive under POFA2012 between day29 and day 56 and goes to the keeper after the PPC have paid the DVLA for their data

the driver and the keeper are 2 different entities

the day 26 is the appeal sent by the KEEPER having been handed the windscreen notice issued to the driver some weeks previously

it is important to keep the entities separate with only the KEEPER details to be known by the PPC, THE ENTITIES ARE (OR COULD BE)

the OWNER

the REGISTERED KEEPER

the KEEPER

the DRIVER

so they could be 4 different entities , they could be all one and the same single entity , but blabbermouths cost themselves money if they reveal the associations and even worse when they blab about who was driving (in most cases)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Get evetyone who has been ticketed to watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and then complain to their MP.

You can bid these scammers a soldier's farewell if you unite against them
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Nicksy1 wrote: »

So about 9 months ago the nursery closed down. It had 2 permit staff spaces and about 9 drop off spaces. The premises is vacant. Since the word got out my colleagues have been parking there every day without recourse. Recently our car parks are over full and people park ridiculously and on double yellows etc. One day I came to work and one car park was showing full with obvious spaces inside, but we are not allowed to swipe the exit barrier to gain access (threat of disciplinary). I may have been able to get onto another car park, but as I passed this vacant premises there were a few spaces, so i parked there.

Are there any signs up that cover this Nursery land in particular? This might be the key to getting off quite easily.

Obviously the nursery has its own parking spaces (from your post). And the Parking Forum mantra is "Where there's parking, you should find notices". So, were they still there or have they disappeared or been replaced?
  • Nicksy1
    edited 27 March 2018 at 6:37PM
    Sign, about 7 foot above ground says: Hospital Trust Name,
    NURSERY PARKING ONLY,
    PRIVATE PROPERTY in huge letters
    Then much smaller underneath states the parking company and charge details and that they may request details from DVLA (the nursery is still closed fences now collapsing so playground is not secure)

The driver was told by the guy that gives out the renting Trust's permits to email him and they might use this case in talks with the other Trust over more parking spaces. However, we think this email could get to the parking company via the other Trust to use against us :(
  • Nicksy1
    edited 27 March 2018 at 6:39PM
    Would it be wise to alter the appeal template to quote the governments "NHS patient, visitor and staff car parking principles" guidance document, where the charge is unfair under clause 5, that the driver had legitimate reason to be parking (staff) where the car is necessary as the driver lives 15 min drive or 1h30min public transport journey, the driver is not a persistent flautor of regulations eg blocking entrances, the period of grace allowed was 1 hour, but working hours are 3.75 hours+ before a meal break when the car could try to be moved. Also that the hospital website is inconsistent with the signage.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    but you have not used your email in an appeal , you can do this by mail or settup a new (gmail) account to do an appeal

perhaps you assisting the trust might get new spaces sorted and stop further ticketing
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family