Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Google and download Vaubans guide. On page 6 is a template Notice before action letter for you to fill out and send to Jet2
  • That one says further to my letter etc but i havnt sent a letter yet just the resolver form
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Then use the first template, give them 14 days (stated in your letter) then send the NBA. Technically ou could argue you have already sent the first letter via resolver but keep it simple and to form.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You should always give the airline an opportunity to settle your claim before you escalate via any other method.

Only escalate when they refuse and you are not able to get any further.

When I said "put in a claim" in my previous post, I did mean with the airline.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Just to add, I wouldn’t necessarily continue through resolver, once you escalate your claim via the NBA process, and then subsequently issue court proceedings then resolver are out of the process anyway.

When you send a letter to Jet2 they should come back with a reason for the delay, if they blame weather - then ask yourself what was the weather like that day ? If their reson for the delay doesn’t fit well, then commence court proceedings. Often, the reson for any delay is only stated in Jet2s defence to the court.

Good luck with your claim.

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Quick update on my cancelled flights from CDG to LBA.

LS316 1st March 2018 Jet2 are blaming ATC restrictions at LBA, Botts have dropped the case as they don't think a judge will class it as an EC.

LS316 2nd March 2018 Initially Jet2 rejected the claim, but Botts started legal proceedings and they've offered to settle.:T:j

LS316 4th March 2018 - No news as yet.

So One out of the three so far and of course all the additional 'right to care' costs have been paid, I just hope we'll have some good news about the last flight! Fingers still crossed.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    Just remind me Novice, these were flights you re-booked (and paid for?) yourself due to Jet2 inability to rebook?

• NoviceAngel
    edited 8 May 2018 at 12:49PM
    JPears wrote: »
    Just remind me Novice, these were flights you re-booked (and paid for?) yourself due to Jet2 inability to rebook?

Yep, there the ones, in a reply they did finally admit they were wrong to refuse re-routing.
    Jet2 wrote:
    I can confirm that, as you have correctly outlined, the original flight should have been re-routed at no additional cost to yourself.

They have refunded the costs of the additional flights I purchased.

• JPears
    So if they had re-routed you, they would have saved themselves the compensation claims?

• NoviceAngel
    JPears wrote: »
    So if they had re-routed you, they would have saved themselves the compensation claims?

Exactly so, they behaved disgracefully, Jet2 did not offer ANY assistance whatsoever - just trying to issue a quick flight refund and refusing to re-route.

If they had looked after us, as they should have done I honestly wouldn’t have set Botts onto them. Think how much they’ve saved though, most of the passengers didn’t have a clue what they were entitled to and most were accepting refunds. I told as many passengers as I could but there’s only so much I could do to help others.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure