Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Surely in Yorkshire, Vauban "le'rned it yer" ;)
    I presume you meant taught....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2018 at 5:01PM
    JPears wrote: »
    Surely in Yorkshire, Vauban "le'rned it yer" ;)
    I presume you meant taught....

I don't live that close to the airport ;)

I posted this years ago but for anybody that hasn't seen it..
    https://youtu.be/6VLYpKGVBUg

Getting back to my predicament, and to do the maths, If I had accepted J2s offer of £240 instead of £410. I'd be short of £170.

If I need to ask Botts to add the replacement flights to the claim at £410 then 30% of that is £123. So even after Botts 30% subtracted it's still a win for me with an extra £47.

I was all ready to prep the N1, but I'll have to take legal magpies advice.

Snailmail normally arrives around 2pm so fingers crossed, I feel lucky today.

EDIT - post just been early - just bills today - I'm taking JPs advice more chance of a lottery win than getting a cheque from Jet2..

Further EDIT - Jet2 have gone quiet - sill no mail today 10/4 - I'll give them to the weekend and then contact Coby
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Maybe a lottery ticket then?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    :T:T:T

Such a shame it was needed, but the NBA finally worked, thanks to everyone that has helped me against Jet2 yet again.

Now it’s just down to Botts to look at the knock on weather delay.
    Jet2 wrote:

Dear NoviceAngel

Thank you for your further letter.

I am pleased that you have accepted the return of the £600.

Moving forward, I can confirm that, as you have correctly outlined, the original flight should have been re-routed at no additional cost to yourself.

Please disregard the advice in the previous letter in relation to what the cheque signifies. Please also accept my apologies for any confusion that this has caused.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I hope we can welcome you back to travel with us again soon.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    :T:T:T

Such a shame it was needed, but the NBA finally worked, thanks to everyone that has helped me against Jet2 yet again.

Now it’s just down to Botts to look at the knock on weather delay.

Great that they finally paid out what you were rightfully owed, but quite diabolical they only did this when threatened with the small claims court.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What is needed is a legal requirement that they pay without being chased
  • NoviceAngel
    Just a further update on my case against Jet2 for compensation.

Jet2 are raising ATC restrictions about my cancelled flights from CDG to LBA.

I'm really struggling to get my head around this. There were no ATC restrictions at CDG and no problems with the weather. Even IF ATC restrictions were in place at LBA, that does not stop Jet2 from diverting to MAN or LPL ?

I can see how ATC could prevent the outward flight LS315 from LBA to CDG and I would fully accept that would be a genuine EC but NOT on the return LS316.

I believe that there's been a mixed view from the DJ's and mostly not a favourable one to claimants, I just can't see why though ?

Anyone have any views either way ?

Cheers

NoviceAngel

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As I understand it ( and I hope that Coby or someone will correct me if I am wrong) there are two decisions by Circuit Judges by way of appeal against conflicting decisions of DJs.
    The cases are Horstink v BA and Blanche v Easyjet.
    I have read both judgments. In both cases the judges held that decisions by ATCs that cause delays are ECs. The operative word is "control" .Also the Judge in Horstink made it clear that the Court must not go into the reasons why the ATC made the decision that it did as whether or not it was justified, the decision is binding on the airline.
    Finally, I gather that the Court of Appeal gave permission to appeal in Blanche but I don't know what happened or is happening.
  • NoviceAngel
    edited 20 April 2018 at 5:00PM
    As I understand it ( and I hope that Coby or someone will correct me if I am wrong) there are two decisions by Circuit Judges by way of appeal against conflicting decisions of DJs.
    The cases are Horstink v BA and Blanche v Easyjet.
    I have read both judgments. In both cases the judges held that decisions by ATCs that cause delays are ECs. The operative word is "control" .Also the Judge in Horstink made it clear that the Court must not go into the reasons why the ATC made the decision that it did as whether or not it was justified, the decision is binding on the airline.
    Finally, I gather that the Court of Appeal gave permission to appeal in Blanche but I don't know what happened or is happening.

Blimey, good job I left it to Botts! Lol

As everyone knows I’m not in any way shape or form legal - I’m quite the opposite. I try to look at things from a common sense point of view that’s why I really value your input, because you raise questions and have input that I don’t.

So let me try and understand this, IF ATC restrictions are in place at the destination airport then the airline in question have no ‘control’ over that decision ? ATC haven’t to be questioned on that and the airline can legitimately call that an EC.

I can understand all that, IF my thick brain has understood any of that. But my question is why flights can’t be flown to alternative airports where passengers can be bussed to their original airport.

I hope that makes sense to somebody?

It’s the all reasonable steps thing again ! wallentin and arms and legs spring to mind !

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blimey, good job I left it to Botts! Lol

I can understand all that, IF my thick brain has understood any of that. But my question is why flights can’t be flown to alternative airports where passengers can be bussed to their original airport.

I hope that makes sense to somebody?

It’s the all reasonable steps thing again ! wallentin and arms and legs spring to mind !

Playing devils advocate, I suppose it could be to do with the fact that the aircraft due to operate your flight is trapped at Leeds by the ATC restrictions. Maybe it's not that it cannot land back there, but cannot it depart in the first place.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure