Forum Announcement

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,100
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    Looking forward to a shiny new platform :j:j:j
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • PLEASE let us on the old platform be able to retain this look. Though if you're moving to a new platform I'm guessing that will be impossible...
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • ATM I think the desktop site is fine but the mobile version is clunky and less user friendly (although the same is true of a lot of mobile sites not just MSE), improving the mobile site would be a welcone change IMO.
  • Game_Over
    Game_Over Posts: 119 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2019 at 8:37AM
    MSE_Marcus wrote: »
    ... But staying as we are is not an option, and the alternative would be closing the MSE Forums – which we have no intention of doing...

But closing the Forum simply wasn’t an option to Martin, myself or the rest of MSE. ...

Why not? MSE Martin hardly ever even posts on this place anymore, and I can fully understand why.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

83a80485bc29a7f3850da7f368feba58cd1ea166ce54dd4b9d0166616a7c1a27.jpg

MSE_Marcus wrote: »
    ... We aim to keep the best of the existing Forum, but tackle the frustrating bits that you tell us you don’t like.

The "frustrating bits" are the small number of trolls who now rule these boards with their multiple AE accounts, and I'm sorry, but a new platform is not going to address that one little bit.

If you are determined to keep this forum open, then I say invest the money in some proper, experienced forum moderators who will identify the real issues and boot the trolls and all their multiple AE accounts off. (and stop them creating new AE accounts to just resume where they left off when someone does actually PPR them)
    People doing this part time, responding the best they can to alerts, and only then only having the time to review the individual post being reported, is not working.

This is not a criticism of those carrying out the task currently, who I am sure are doing the very best they can with the limited resources they are given, but a critisicm of those asking them to carry out the task without realising the enormity of the job if it is to be done properly.

Take a look at the recent, numerous posts on Trustpilot about how this site has rapidly deteriorated in recent times to see I am not alone in how I feel. 2.3/5 :eek:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.moneysavingexpert.com

A nest of vipers

Avoid the forums

Don't use the forums.

The forums are a nasty cesspit

The Forum Is The Cancer of MSE

etc, etc
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Hi Marcus....this forum has over the years saved me thousands, yes thousands of pounds. And have met the odd viper, troll or just ill mannered member who doesn't seem to recognize that he is a guest in someone's house. You get them everywhere. Thank you and good luck with the new platform.
  • Oakie
    Oakie Posts: 88
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another vote for the 'old look'.
    Which is much calmer on the eyes,than the more recent changed one
  • Morbier
    Morbier Posts: 636
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Having suffered in a previous civil service job, when a new user system was introduced, and we (the end users) ended up teaching the so-called 'trainers' how to use it - can I respectfully request that you 'road test' the new version really, really well before you unleash it on us?

Also, please put in an obvious place, a complete User Guide, both for PC and tablet/phone versions. I've had to either guess or ask forum members how to do something.

Keeping my fingers crossed ..... :o
    I can't imagine a life without cheese. (Nigel Slater)
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,962
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure we can still access the "old-style" forum! I'm too old and stupid to start learning from scratch ...
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,628
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Please keep it accessible from a desktop & not gone to rubbish like some others have. We don't all have massively expensive mobiles this is MSE after all!
  • All I really care about is the tick/cross on the competitions board.

I'd like to keep the old green, but I assume that's not an option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure