EDF Energy What A Nightmare Switch

Stuartj
Stuartj Posts: 1 Newbie
What a nightmare of a company. Only just switched to them and they screwed up my account by sending my previous supplier estimated readings rather than the ones I gave them. Apparently according to my to my previous supplier I will now have to take out a "Reading Dispute" which could take up to 10 weeks before it can be resolved.

I rang EDF's customer service. As soon as they realised it was going to take some work to sort it out they cut me off, I rang back and was directed to a call centre in Manila who took all the details and then said they could not deal with it and that it had to be referred back to the UK and that someone would call me. Guess what... no one has called. I have since tried to speak to someone at EDF but keep being directed to Manila.

So I'm not sure how I can get this dealt with. I do at least have a complaint reference number now so if I don't hear from them within six weeks I can go to the Ombudsman.

This will be the last time I switch, don't believe a word when they tell you it easy. I wish I had stayed with OVO. It might have been dearer but at least they know what their doing. I will leave EDF as soon as I can and will never go back.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OIL LPG ??

The LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels Board
  • Floretti
    Floretti Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2019 at 9:06AM
    Stuartj wrote: »
    What a nightmare of a company. Only just switched to them and they screwed up my account by sending my previous supplier estimated readings rather than the ones I gave them. Apparently according to my to my previous supplier I will now have to take out a "Reading Dispute" which could take up to 10 weeks before it can be resolved.

I rang EDF's customer service. As soon as they realised it was going to take some work to sort it out they cut me off, I rang back and was directed to a call centre in Manila who took all the details and then said they could not deal with it and that it had to be referred back to the UK and that someone would call me. Guess what... no one has called. I have since tried to speak to someone at EDF but keep being directed to Manila.

So I'm not sure how I can get this dealt with. I do at least have a complaint reference number now so if I don't hear from them within six weeks I can go to the Ombudsman.

This will be the last time I switch, don't believe a word when they tell you it easy. I wish I had stayed with OVO. It might have been dearer but at least they know what their doing. I will leave EDF as soon as I can and will never go back.

It wasn't EDF who sent the readings to the old supplier.
    EDF, I am sure, submitted the readings you provided them.
    But the independent meter validation service did not agree with your readings, so have revised them. It would not matter which supplier you had chosen - the outcome would have been the same.
    Both suppliers should be using that validated meter reading, as validated by the independent meter validation service.

But as you have been advised, you can challenge that validated meter reading if you wish to.

The EDF complaint procedure can be found here:
    https://www.edfenergy.com/for-home/help-support/making-complaint

3 alternative methods of contact are listed, but what's wrong with speaking to Filipinos to resolve this? :huh:

You are coming across as xenophobic with your first ever post here on MSE using this new user account, but I'm sure you're not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure