Ccj assigned to my file thats not mine

13»

Comments

• Raise any disputes with the relevant CRA’s directly, yes, and ask for any incorrect data to be removed
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Jbjonb wrote: »
    To clarify having signed up with credit larma the default doesnt show with transunion either so does this mean that if i dispute it with equifax then the problem is solved?

As stated my father knew nothing of the judgement till i informed him.

I didnt lose my self employment i decided to stop working for myself as my income became too sporadic as i basically worked on a commision only basis.

On starting my employment with n power i had to declare unspent convictions and any adverse debt i had.....this is when the judgement was found.

Would it be a safe assumption that by disputing this with equifax it will be removed from my file/report and having the lawyers clarify with the court who the debt belongs to then all will be sorted?

Most companies use equifax...especially in the financial sector as apparently they do a more in depth search.....ive also noticed they have me as having financial associations with 3 people....my mother and 2 people I've never heard of? If those people had adverse credit would that affect me too?

You need to raise a dispute.

I wouldn't say "most" financial companies use Equifax though, that's not really quantifiable.
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    !!! wrote: »
    Your “score” plays no part in this.

Ask the CRA’s to remove it from your files by raising a dispute with each of them.

I’m assuming you’ve checked with all 3 CRA’s?

I doubt it will be that simple though. A dispute will only be successful if you provide evidence that there information is wrong. The fact the legal firm are saying they would need to recall it to court to amend it makes it sound like he has a CCJ in "his" name so the CRA isn't technically wrong.
    It sounds like the CCJ needs sorted first, then CRA's updated.

Have you contacted Citizens Advise Bureau or a lawyer to inquire about how to get the CCJ amended?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    abz88 wrote: »
    I doubt it will be that simple though. A dispute will only be successful if you provide evidence that there information is wrong. The fact the legal firm are saying they would need to recall it to court to amend it makes it sound like he has a CCJ in "his" name so the CRA isn't technically wrong.
    It sounds like the CCJ needs sorted first, then CRA's updated.

Have you contacted Citizens Advise Bureau or a lawyer to inquire about how to get the CCJ amended?
    Who will be paying the costs? The CCJ isn't technically wrong either it's just one CRA is reporting it on the credit file of the wrong person.
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    nic_c wrote: »
    Who will be paying the costs? The CCJ isn't technically wrong either it's just one CRA is reporting it on the credit file of the wrong person.

The fact the law firm that acted in the CCJ is saying it would have to be recalled and amended makes it sound like it is wrong though. I have no idea who takes the cost, hence pointing him in the direction of Citizens Advice (free advice) or a law firm (initial consultation usually free)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure