Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • creditpunch
    • By creditpunch 12th Oct 19, 10:17 AM
    • 282Posts
    • 164Thanks
    creditpunch
    0 WOW
    Holiday cancellation and insurance claim
    • 12th Oct 19, 10:17 AM
    0 WOW
    Holiday cancellation and insurance claim 12th Oct 19 at 10:17 AM
    Hi there

Can I get advice please? Iíve booked a holiday for myself and ds, in a group of 17 (4 families). My friend was the lead booker and we all had to transfer money to her to pay the deposit (£900 in my case). The airline has changed the return flights and Which is not suitable for me due to work commitments, so Iíve cancelled. I intend to claim my deposit back on my holiday insurance but the fact I didnít pay it on my credit/debit car would I still be covered?

Many thanks
    CP

Page 2
    • creditpunch
    • By creditpunch 14th Oct 19, 6:24 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    creditpunch
    Thatís fine as that was the Ďadviseí I was looking for!!!!

• creditpunch
    • By creditpunch 14th Oct 19, 6:38 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    creditpunch
    Maybe we need to adopt the "tell people what they want to hear" approach that another forum user implemented over the weekend.
    Originally posted by bradders1983
    That’s not the case. However my original question was on the deposit vs lead paying regarding insurance. I have been open with the travelling group of my intentions and resolving my commitment to them! I didn’t say it here as that wasn’t the question I asked the forum! My question was about the insurance as I have already covered everything else with the travelling group.

I’m thankful for the group’s advice on the question I asked it has been useful.

CP
    Last edited by creditpunch; 14-10-2019 at 7:35 PM.

• creditpunch
    • By creditpunch 14th Oct 19, 7:32 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    creditpunch
    To what end? You've changed your mind about travelling. Insurance does not cover for such events. We don't have cancel for any reason policies in the UK.
    Originally posted by leylandsunaddict
    That’s fine as that was the ‘advice’ I was looking for!!!!

• LittleMrsThrifty
    • By LittleMrsThrifty 18th Oct 19, 11:54 AM
    • 436 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    LittleMrsThrifty
    It sounds like you've already decided you're not going regardless, but could you ask about an EARLIER flight home. Ok so you'd lose a bit of your holiday but probably not £900 worth.
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,978Posts Today

7,614Users online

Martin's Twitter