PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We Buy Any House

13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Wow, I feel I need to apologise for sharing my experience. Obviously its not wanted as the only comments I have received have been sarcastic and you seem to be 100% sure that I have made it up...I havent asked for your opinions and I dont really give a !!!! what you think.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Wow, I feel I need to apologise for sharing my experience. Obviously its not wanted as the only comments I have received have been sarcastic and you seem to be 100% sure that I have made it up...I havent asked for your opinions and I dont really give a !!!! what you think.
    If you imagined you could come here, praise a particular company on your very first post and then find no scepticism, your expectations were unrealistic.

As a consumer forum, every week this site is spammed in various ways; some of them more blatant than others. The really obvious ones are gone in half an hour, while merely suspicious ones, like yours, are allowed to stand. However, anyone may question their validity, and they do.

Seems fair enough to me.
  • I am also looking into using a buy your house company to sell a rental property with, currently occupied, and thought I would check this site for any recommendations or ones to definitely avoid. Basically I am just wanted as stress free sale as possible as soon as possible. If there are any better ones of these companies to use I would be interested to hear.

I am thinking it is probably best to approach several so that you have a fallback if they start reducing the offer. First one i have tried doesn't call back so guessing they are seeing how desperate I am by making it difficult to contact them! Apparently they are very busy indeed!
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am also looking into using a buy your house company to sell a rental property with, currently occupied, and thought I would check this site for any recommendations or ones to definitely avoid. Basically I am just wanted as stress free sale as possible as soon as possible. If there are any better ones of these companies to use I would be interested to hear.

I am thinking it is probably best to approach several so that you have a fallback if they start reducing the offer. First one i have tried doesn't call back so guessing they are seeing how desperate I am by making it difficult to contact them! Apparently they are very busy indeed!
    Why not just auction it? The same people (or the end buyers) will probably be at the auctions, and at least will be openly bidding against each other.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am also looking into using a buy your house company to sell a rental property with, currently occupied, and thought I would check this site for any recommendations or ones to definitely avoid. Basically I am just wanted as stress free sale as possible as soon as possible. If there are any better ones of these companies to use I would be interested to hear.

If your house isn't selling, it's the price you're asking for. There is no way that a company like this will offer you (or complete with you) on a comparable price as to what you'd get by simply marketing it better.
  • Thanks both for replies, just thinking that if it can be sold with tenants in it then that might work better for auction or agents I would need to evict the tenants + do work/decorating etc
    It is an ideal rental property and has longterm tenants in it with no arrears history so may suit a buy to let investor was my thinking without needing to evict.
    I have spoken to the estate agents that let the property incase they know of potential btl investors but they have told me to wait until next spring which I don't want to do and are deterring me from selling, and I have had nearly 2 months of delay from them already.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Do you realise that if your tenants didn't want to cooperate with being given notice, it would be well into next spring anyway before a court would authorise an eviction?

I'm not saying the tenants would do that, but it's something that should be kept in mind.
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    Do you realise that if your tenants didn't want to cooperate with being given notice, it would be well into next spring anyway before a court would authorise an eviction?

I'm not saying the tenants would do that, but it's something that should be kept in mind.

So I may be better selling it through auction tenanted?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure