Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Misteeq
    • By Misteeq 12th Oct 19, 8:18 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Misteeq
    Name for Business
    • 12th Oct 19, 8:18 AM
    Name for Business 12th Oct 19 at 8:18 AM
    Hi,

Can anyone help me find a name for my new consultancy business please?

I'm going to be offering administration support and advice - mainly within the fertility industry (but not limited too) and I'm struggling to come up with a good name.

I have my first 3 month contract starting soon - so looking for some good ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Page 2
    • M_Python
    • By M_Python 13th Oct 19, 9:49 AM
    • 102 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    M_Python
    To be honest, I'm surprised that private fertility clinics need to outsource their administration work as they usually have their own in-house staff to deal with it and, in my opinion, are better placed to advise couples considering IVF rather than someone not directly employed by them.

OP, I think you are over-thinking it. You don't want a name that specifically refers to infertility because you can do admin work for anyone so I would just concentrate on names that reflect that.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 13th Oct 19, 12:20 PM
    • 1,266 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Marcon
    Presumably you'll be trading as a limited company for all the usual reasons to do so? Companies House sets some limits on what you call yourself (e.g. you can't use a name which is already in use, and certain words are banned - their website will tell you more).

Forget the 'clever clever' names being suggested here, mainly I suspect tongue in cheek - at least I hope so! A simple to spell/pronounce/remember name is all you need, based on your own name, street name or geographical location if you don't have any other bright ideas.
    • SadieO
    • By SadieO 14th Oct 19, 12:40 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    SadieO
    Forget the 'clever clever' names being suggested here, mainly I suspect tongue in cheek - at least I hope so! A simple to spell/pronounce/remember name is all you need, based on your own name, street name or geographical location if you don't have any other bright ideas.
    Originally posted by Marcon
    I agree with this. Avoid cutesy puns (they sound silly and unprofessional in my opinion, especially when dealing with a sensitive area such as fertility) and anything too specific in case you want to branch out to other areas in future. My friend recently set up a business called [Her street name] + [industry]. I won't name in case I am not allowed, but along the lines of Wolf Street Records. It helps that her street name is pretty cool, it is easy to spell and lends itself well to a logo (it's not Wolf but another animal!) Is there anything like that you can think of that you could use?
    • Potbellypig
    • By Potbellypig 15th Oct 19, 12:22 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    Potbellypig
    Misteeq Consultants Ltd.

It really doesn't need to be anything catchy or gimmicky.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 16th Oct 19, 9:01 PM
    • 5,348 Posts
    • 6,140 Thanks
    robatwork
    24/7 Consultants
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,826Posts Today

7,014Users online

Martin's Twitter